Good cammra for new Glammor photography

Edit My Images
No
Im getting into Glammor photography with the hope to maybe branch out into wedding and personal photos ect (namely Im interested in shooting people)

I dont have alot of cash to start and Im looking at camera. The Sony DSLR-A200K seems to be good and is cheaper then Nixon and camon's of the same range.

Sony: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-DSLR-A...ef=dp_return_1?ie=UTF8&n=560798&s=electronics

Is this a good camera for me? Or is there something better? I really cant aford to go over about £400 (otherwise I cant pay for models! lol)

Hmm "glammor" "Nixon" "camon"

Someone having a laugh?

Too many spelling mistakes perhaps?

No point paying for models, if you really are as unaware of cameras as you appear to be...

Seriously.

scott, first off, it isnt a pick up and earn money sort of thing. it takes time to learn the technical side and train yourself to see the image. 2nd you need to check the cameras out for yourself and hold them. the lens makes a bigger difference than the camera. dont forget to allow for studio and lighting costs as well.

you say you are getting into glamour photography, what are you using/doing at the mo?
good luck

scott, first off, it isnt a pick up and earn money sort of thing. it takes time to learn the technical side and train yourself to see the image. 2nd you need to check the cameras out for yourself and hold them. the lens makes a bigger difference than the camera. dont forget to allow for studio and lighting costs as well.

you say you are getting into glamour photography, what are you using/doing at the mo?
good luck

Of course I totally understand that. But without a camera I dont think Im going to get too far. I have a small amount of cash to spend to start and all I have done is ask for a little help in picking one :crying:

the best advice is go to a shop and hold the cameras in the price range, they will all feel different and some will feel wrong. once you have picked one, then you can search for the cheaper price.

your better buying the right equipment first and spending the little extra rather than get the wrong one and have to replace it

I can spend £200-£400 and the camera is for use in Glamour photography with the hope to maybe branch out into wedding and personal photos ect (namely Im interested in shooting people).

Basicly shooting people

I am not sure about the Sony - not that many people on here that use them, not sure how good there lens variety is. It might be worth going for some second hand kit to be honest, you will end up with more for your money and you don't stand to loose as much if it doesn't work out.

Check out the "For Sale" section on here, there are lots of bargains, such as this - http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=71466 - for a similar price you were looking at for the Sony.

Aw ok. Serious answer. Anything by Nikon, Fuji, Canon, Panasonic will take a good photo. Of course its the person thats the key to getting good photos. Is there a specific camera for glamour? No, don't be silly. Just don't think you can buy a camera and take good photos of naked girls. They'll probably just be snapshots.

My advice is to do loads of reading up first, or see if your local college offers night classes. I think you should have a go at taking lots of different pics of things that catch your eye first, to learn how to use your settings. Then you can go from there :)
x

i have some of them! whoop!
now i just need to figure out what i'm doing... :thinking:

if it helps take some pics and post them and we will help where we can:)

As already mentioned, the Fuji S5 Pro has an excellent reputation as a 'people' shooting camera. It might be a little over budget for you at around £500, plus you'll need a portrait lens.

Or failing that, use your camera phone.

Get yourself a second hand Canon 400D, you'll be cookin' with gas (y)

Im dyslexic ******* :razz:

But your spell check aint ;)

Sorry, that was cheeky.

Your best bet? Go to camera shops, pick up everything in your budget, find out what feels right for you. Then practice, lots and lots of practice. There's no real magic formula.

If I had to be a bit more specific, I'd say a cheap XXXD series Canon with a nifty fifty.

hmmm.............better not...........:D

Hey Scott. Agree with previous posts. Go to the shops and, with your budget in mind, try out what you can afford. If you have little experience, I would go 2nd hand just in case it doesn't pan out. Either way, you have a steep learning curve. Get your camera and shoot everything that moves. (And if it doesn't move, shoot it twice! ;) )

Why do you feel the need to start with "glammor" photography? If you don't know one end of a camera from the other it's going to be painfully obvious to even the most naive model, long before you suggest she get her t*ts out :naughty:

Perhaps a subscription to Razzle or Penthouse might be a better use of your money ;)

I’m really disappointed the way this thread has gone.
Surely someone should be able to ask this type of question without being given a hard time and ridiculed, especially from some of the longer standing members.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Im dyslexic ******* :razz:

If that is the case I whole heartedly apologise for my earlier post, I thought it might be an admin playing a jioke with a new account.

As well as a camera, most glamour photography is indoors meaning you need:

Lights
Tripods/supports
Backdrop

etc

£400 is going to be very tough

If you want to do glamour on a budget then the advice here is spot on, try different models and see what fits and also which menu system seems to work for you (especially since you are dyslexic) One may seem more logical than another. Buy one good lens rather than several poor ones.

I'd also try to squeeze a flash and off camera cable in there or have it as a future purchase. If you can't stretch to it then buy a reflector to start with.

You can shoot glamour without a studio so get scouting for locations, learn to make use of natural light (harder than it sounds) and learn to use light, that is more important than the name on the camera.

If you have sky, watch the photographer bits on FTV (Fashion TV) Most of it is shot outdoors, on location and will give you ideas.

I’m really disappointed the way this thread has gone.
Surely someone should be able to ask this type of question without being given a hard time and ridiculed, especially from some of the longer standing members.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I agree, I'm disgusted at some of the responses to what is a reasonable question from a new member. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

Scott, as some others have said you really need to try out some cameras and see how they feel. If you are on a limited budget I would suggest going for a second hand DSLR with either a kit or 50mm lens, this will be a good starting point. You've stated that you want to glamour and possibly weddings but both are difficult fields and usually require a bit more equipment than a camera and 'standard' lens.

However, before you jump in with both feet why not do a photography evening course at your local college, this will allow you to learn the basics (exposure, composition etc) in a friendly learning environment. There are also many tutorials about the basics on here and across the Internet as well as many books on the subject.

Good luck with it and remember to post your pictures on here once you get your camera.

(y)

Scott, you are jumping into a very difficult market straight away. Get a decent second hand camera and learn how to use it before paying for models and the like. You need to learn and understand the basics of photography before splashing cash on models and stuff. It would be money better spent attending a basic photography course at the nearest night school, in my opinion.

Start with simple/free "models" to understand the basics and get them right first.

Either way, best of luck.

Back