Good Cheap Web Host

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
What good cheap Web Host out there to host a photography website... Which would have manage images etc.

I use www.one.com it comes with a .com web name and 3Gb of space with unlimited traffic for £9 + vat for the first year !!

There is a photo gallery option which is managed and pretty good.

DO NOT USE ONE.COM!!!!!

I joined them 18 months ago and ordered the top package, it cost me £11 I think for the first year then standard rate (which they didn't say what that rate was at the time). You have to cancel 3 months prior to the renewal. I contacted them 4 months before about cancelling it, then once every 3 days. It wasn't until after the 3 month deadline had passed they replied saying it was cancelled.

4 days later I get a letter from them stating I owe them £68 for the renewal of my site.

After 4 months of emails and legal banter I got so fed up with the hassle I paid the original £68 but not the £40 in 'interest' they added on.

It has now been cancelled but I still have access until the Jan 2010.

As for their gallery software, it's ok, however it originally shows the images as fuzzy and then clears them up. This can take anything from 2 seconds to 20 seconds :( The software also doesn't support larger images. I have so far been unsuccessful at uploading a panorama!

Webs.com is great, its what i use. Its free and if you want a domain they do them as well. However if you really want it pro then I was try clikpic. More money but it looks great and seems really easy to do.

have a look at 000webhost.

They are a free site that you can purchase an upgrade to if you need it. Lots of people recommend them :)

JaguarPC based in the U.S. cost you 45-50 per year for unimited space and great service.

If you are looking at this as a business site then it would be definitely worthwhile focusing on getting one hosted in the UK as UK hosted companies get better google.co.uk rankings.

If you want to install custom gallery software e.g. Gallery2 or Coppermine then look at hosting that provides some form of SQL databases.

I use www.heartinternet.co.uk and find them very good. In fact I've just upgraded to the reseller package so I suppose I could actually host your site (for not very much)

I've been with Dataflame for years and their customer service has been great when I've needed it.

Back