Good Old Jacob

Name
dean
Edit My Images
Yes
MPs have been told they should be working in Westminster at the start of June to "set an example" to the rest of the country as lockdown is eased further.
Commons leader Jacob Rees-Mogg signalled the historic "virtual parliament" measures which saw MPs cast their first ever online votes on Tuesday due coronavirus will soon come to an end.

I can't believe that I'm in complete agreement with Jacob Rees-Mogg, the only thing I would say is why wait get then back tomorrow, if it's good enough for the country the why not for them.

MPs have been told they should be working in Westminster at the start of June to "set an example" to the rest of the country as lockdown is eased further.
Commons leader Jacob Rees-Mogg signalled the historic "virtual parliament" measures which saw MPs cast their first ever online votes on Tuesday due coronavirus will soon come to an end.

I can't believe that I'm in complete agreement with Jacob Rees-Mogg, the only thing I would say is why wait get then back tomorrow, if it's good enough for the country the why not for them.
It's only the likes of non essential shops, hospitality establishments and such that were told to close and their employees stay at home. The rest was just voluntary and could have carried on working.

I think if people can work from home or some other location that saves the earths resources and cuts down on pollution and consumption they should. If parliament can work on the computer and smartphone then why not?

My experience with staff working from home wasn't good but if people can tear themselves away from social media, tv or decorating the house or whatever they'd rather do than work then it has to be good news. Why not?

I'd say that the more people that work from home, the better at the moment. Not sure Westminster needs to set an example by returning to work in the comments when they're only encouraging people who can't work from home to go to work.

I will be an interesting test bed, to see if it is safe for the public to work in such close proximity to one another.
I am surprise that MP's would be so public spirited as to act as Guinea pigs for us.

While it will be a sad misfortune for those that do not make it. they are unlikely to be missed, and will soon enough be replaced with fresh blood to further the experiment.

Perhaps we have at last found a useful calling for our political representatives.

I will be an interesting test bed, to see if it is safe for the public to work in such close proximity to one another.
I am surprise that MP's would be so public spirited as to act as Guinea pigs for us.

While it will be a sad misfortune for those that do not make it. they are unlikely to be missed, and will soon enough be replaced with fresh blood to further the experiment.

Perhaps we have at last found a useful calling for our political representatives.

May called an election to lose her majority, looks like Johnson is trying an alternative route to losing his...

Sometimes it's better the devil you know.

Other than that we have to at least try to remember that every life is precious.

PS.
Another reason to keep them alive... imagine all the eulogies on tv if they start dying off. They'll be nothing else on.

Last edited:
We're already been used as guinea pigs, haven't you seen the photos of crowded buses and trains!

Sometimes it's better the devil you know.

Other than that we have to at least try to remember that every life is precious.

PS.
Another reason to keep them alive... imagine all the eulogies on tv if they start dying off. They'll be nothing else on.

If they know their fate is to end up as Volunteer Virus Guinea pigs they are less likely to stand for election.
we also need Guinea pigs to test the various inoculations.

We're already been used as guinea pigs, haven't you seen the photos of crowded buses and trains!

Unfortunately those tests are not viable as we do not know who is involved in those trials.
With MP's we know who was in the house and when.

Unfortunately those tests are not viable as we do not know who is involved in those trials.
With MP's we know who was in the house and when.

Seeing a list of who they've been in close contact with would be interesting.

Many people have demonstrated that this may not be a majority view.

Many people have demonstrated that this may not be a majority view.

At the risk of taking flak... most religious systems have something to that effect and if people don't subscribe to any religion surely it's still a good thing to think?

At the risk of taking flak... most religious systems have something to that effect
From the old testament list of invasions and punishments; through the Christian crusades and the Muslim Caliphate invasions; then on to the 20th and 21st century Buddhist wars in Thailand, Myanmar and Sri Lanka, any rules about the sanctity of human life have been honoured as much in the breach as otherwise.

From the old testament list of invasions and punishments; through the Christian crusades and the Muslim Caliphate invasions; then on to the 20th and 21st century Buddhist wars in Thailand, Myanmar and Sri Lanka, any rules about the sanctity of human life have been honoured as much in the breach as otherwise.

Take the best bits and leave the smighting in the past.

They're not guinea pigs, they are just idiots doing what they were advised not to do.

They're not guinea pigs, they are just idiots doing what they were advised not to do.

What, like going to work because they have to in order to earn enough money to survive?

What, like going to work because they have to in order to earn enough money to survive?
If that is the case, they would have continued working anyway.

If that is the case, they would have continued working anyway.

Ah, right, thanks for clearing that up for us. How amazing that you know every single person's reasons for travelling, just from images. Incredible. It's a special gift, you have.

Ah, right, thanks for clearing that up for us. How amazing that you know every single person's reasons for travelling, just from images. Incredible. It's a special gift, you have.
I never saw any images, but you're welcome. Would you like me to make something else clear for you and point out that you made the assumptions they were desperate for the money to survive.

No thanks. You crack on mate. People are idiots. Yes.

MP's should be setting an example and going back to Westminster. The lily-livered cowards are saying they can work from home so if that is the case they don't need the second homes allowance; they have already had 10 grand as an extra to cope with the "burden" of "working" from home so they need to make up their minds.

The country is in crisis and all our MP's can do is hide behind the sofa and claim more cash.

Rees-Mogg is 100% on this - lazy, b*****d malingerers that they are.

Back