North England Good spots on Ullswater for sunrise?

P.S. you can bring those wellies that your missus was going to throw away. You'll need them!

@ChrisH
We'll meet at J36 of M6. Come off and head towards Windermere. The inside lane of the exit road is continuous so dont stop! You merge into a dual carriageway. In half a mile or so there is a lay by on your left. Well meet there 7.45 to 8.00 ish. Then we'll move along to somewhere to park your car where we can pick it up later in the day.
Next stop will be bacon butties. Then we'll get down to finding decent spots. I have a list of places where you will never have been before!

Perfect, I think I know the layby you mean not far from the j36 exit. I've been to Barrow many times.

Sunrise time for lake Coniston is supposed to be 8.33 am

There's always the steam railway and the motor museum off the a590 if your interested.

There's always the steam railway and the motor museum off the a590 if your interested.
Only if the weather is bad. Went to the Motor Museum in the summer. It's quite good for a wet day.
Went past the railway a couple of weeks ago and it was all rigged out for Santa Specials. Kids! UGH!

Yes sunrise is 8.30 ish but where I'm going I would like a bit more light on the East shore of the lake. Won't be a problem. Trust me....I used to work for a Doctor:oops: :$

Well @ChrisH

Get home OK?
Thanks for buying lunch.
Your next challenge is to plot on a map the exact route we took today:eek:
Do you still have your dash cam footage of that Audi (Is Audi German for A....hole?) driver trying to rearrange my rear light clusters?

Lots of shots to process. Too many for tonight. They've got tomorrow written all over them.

See you next at Euston Station.

@mickledore

Yup got stuck for a while near Trafford centre but traffic jams don't phase me. I will have daftcam footage will look tomorrow.

Hopefully got some good shots. Sorry for slowing you down didn't realise how bad my health has got. Better do something about it this coming year.

Well i've read all about the hot date, so lets see the best of your images then chaps :)

Ha ha!

But all joking aside, I bet it was an amazing experience. Such an incredible piece of the country for a man and a camera

@IanD

Snow capped mountains, clear skies and lovely crisp sunshine. Shame is I slow @mickledore down because I've spent the last 40 years wrecking my health, but I have to say even though I've got home completely f#######d it was worth it.

Yes. We were lucky. Almost too lucky. Crystal clear skies. Snow blanket on the high tops. Bitingly cold. Visibility was almost endless.

Only problem was the light was almost too harsh.

. Shame is I slow @mickledore down
That wasn't a problem. I spent the waiting time looking at other things to get my camera out for.
I cut the day short rather than go to the last site I had planned. The climb up there, although short, would gave finished you off. The shots would there been worth it, but it was basically the same as the headland we went to, but just with a (vastly) different foreground.

Don't lose any sleep over it.

That's a keeper alright!!!

What a stunning shot

Love it @mickledore

It was a fantastic location, so glad you knew where it was. I'm just offloading my photo's onto my network storage then I'll have a look through and see what I got. Unusual for me because I usually wait a week before looking at them.

Back