Goodwood Festival of Speed, where to stand?

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
Where are the best places to stand for photography for the Hill Climb, Rally Stage, and Stunt Bikes? Can you get amongst the trees at the Rally stage and is it easy to get there?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I went a few years ago (time flies - it was about 10 years!). If I remember correctly it was pretty poor access, with opportunities around the open/lower end of the climb (the grandstands/paddock etc), but no access to further up the hill. It could just be that I didn't find the 'right' route, to get access up the hill, but I certainly would have gone there if I could.

I'm sure someone with more recent experience will respond soon enough...

How many days will you be there for?

I found it best to do one day having a walk around, going to the rally stage - which was good for photography when I last went up there. Then another day/or at least half a day watching the hill climb, I found it best to stay in one spot - ideally with folding chairs, so you can get right up to the straw bales. Outside the house is usually a good bet.

If you are only there for one day it is hard to fit everything in.

I went a few years ago (time flies - it was about 10 years!). If I remember correctly it was pretty poor access, with opportunities around the open/lower end of the climb (the grandstands/paddock etc), but no access to further up the hill. It could just be that I didn't find the 'right' route, to get access up the hill, but I certainly would have gone there if I could.

I'm sure someone with more recent experience will respond soon enough...

How many days will you be there for?

I found it best to do one day having a walk around, going to the rally stage - which was good for photography when I last went up there. Then another day/or at least half a day watching the hill climb, I found it best to stay in one spot - ideally with folding chairs, so you can get right up to the straw bales. Outside the house is usually a good bet.

If you are only there for one day it is hard to fit everything in.
Thanks. I'm there for two days (Sat/Sun), I plan on doing a couple of hours in the morning and then a couple later on at the Hill Climb and the rest of the time doing the Rally Stage, Off-Road, and exhibits. I've seen photos from further up the hill but maybe they had media access.

Back