Google automates watermark removal!

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
This research bnlog post describes a completely automated way of removing watermarks from photos.

The system relies on having a number of photos with the same watermark and it does also offer a possible solution of applying random distortion to the watermark so that some artefacts are left behind after the automated removal process. I wonder if we will see this as an option in LR/PS?

So everyone should add a random element to their water mark so that it's never quite the same on any two images?

So everyone should add a random element to their water mark so that it's never quite the same on any two images?
That's more or less what they are saying. Their suggestion is to just slightly distort the watermark in a random way, I think that could probably be automated in a future version of things like Lightroom.

Lets discourage all new members from ever posting just incase they are accused of trying to beat the system.

I am sure @Byker28i would not do that to new member

Now a self professed professional photographer who joined in 2010 might be a different story

Now a self professed professional photographer who joined in 2010 might be a different story

I bet that the story resumes in the classifieds...

1 post in 2010, then 26 in quick succession in a single day...

Think I can write the next chapter without too much brain-strain...

I thought American laws were strict in any reverse engineering

Back