Google Chrome...

Name
Stevie
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Anyone else out there using Google Chrome...???

I've been using it a couple of months and find it pretty good...got fed up with Firefox probs and Microsoft is always at the rear these days...I dont use Gmail thou...got Outlook for mail just now but thinkng of going back to Thunderbird...hate Outlook...

Anyone else fed up with the norm...or got any suggestions...???

STEVIER

I have been using Chrome for a long time now. I love it. It feels clean and fresh to use and has nowehere near the problems other browsers seem to have.

I did use thunderbird, but then I switched to a gmail account and now only use it via chrome on the web interface. I see no reason to download my emails and have them clogg up my HDD. I really would recommend taking a look at gmail, compared to conventional email its streets ahead and so easy to use.

I use chrome too. I find it much faster than firefox which is annoying constantly bugging about updates etc.
Haven't found anything it doesn't render properly yet.

The only downside I found is I have it on a netbook, which I occasionaly use via a 3g dongle, I wanted to disable images for cost/speed and found the only way to do this was through a command line parameter, so I have two shortcuts for chrome on the machine - one will show images, the other wont.
I checkbox to turn images on/off within the application would be more useful, but its only a minor gripe.

I too have been using chrome for ages now. It is streets ahead of Firefox in terms of performance and design.

I used Firefox for years, but it started going slow and using way too much CPU. As soon as Google allow for plugin support for Chrome there will be no competition.

I am also an avid Chrome user. It's fast, clean and switching between tabs is a breeze.

I have IE at work, and it's terrible by comparison.

-H

I loved firefox but then I there was a few problems and sometimes it wouldnt load the internet, but it would in i.e, so I tried chrome and bam! I have a new love in my life :)

Been using chrome since it first came out, despite the bad press google gets I use most of their services.

I've also got the G1 (google phone) and other than the battery life (which gets better with age) it is cracking. It uses the gmail, calander, chat etc and links it all with the online versions. I get email and appointments on the go as well as being able to set them.

I still use Firefox, mainly as a development environment due to firebug and web developer toolbar.

Both are superb compared to IE which I find slow and bulky, not to mention is still not standards compliant making it a PITA the ass to develop for.

I did try out Opera, but never really got into it.

Did you know chrome has an incognito mode that allows you to view websites and pages safe in the knowledge that it will leave NO track on the PC you are viewing it on? Its great for checking out sites like TP and facebook while at work :D

I use Chrome exclusively at work as I mainly work with AJAX heavy interfaces. It is in another league when it comes to Javascript performance. Where IE and Firefox will be consuming 200mb+ and crawling along, Chrome will be using 30mb and running twice as fast.

The only downside of Chrome is not NTLM authentication, and no plugin support. I can't see Google allowing people to add AdBlock Plus to their own browser so I don't see the second one happening anytime soon.

Only thing i dont like is that it doesnt have a little icon you can click that shows you your history like it does on ie where you type the website in

Matt

Chrome is not that bad.
But just doesn't have much plugins with it yet!
As I use flashgot in Firefox. but Chrome doesnt have something similar yet.
Quite fast as well
The bad thing is that when I have a lot of tabs, doesnt give me any notice when I close the whole thing..

After reading this thread I thought I'd give Chrome a go.

WOW! It's lightning quick :D

Love it :woot:

Sorry to hijack but how does Chrome compare to Safari 4? I'm using it now and I'm a recent convert from IE and it's so much faster!

I have used Chrome for months and love it, it sooo quick compared to everything else, Safari 4 is quick as well but i feel chrome just has the edge on PC

I tried Google Chrome, it stayed on my computer for 20mins before I took it off again

Didn't like it at all

I lasted about half an hour with it as well... no print icon; no history icon; no addons like Xmarks, Downloadhelper, EXIF, etc... and never found it any faster, but then I've never had any problems with Firefox.

Can't use Chrome, they don't do a Linux version yet.

I have recently started playing with Opera, currently using version 10 beta, still can't make my mind up about it. There are points that are better than Firefox, but then there are times when Firefox is faster. Firefox is becoming very resource hungry, they need to stop the features introduction and work on the existing code to remove the bugs and improve performance otherwise they will end up going down the same route as IE.

Tim

I have been using Chrome for a long time now. I love it. It feels clean and fresh to use and has nowehere near the problems other browsers seem to have.

Its just a pity that it isn't colour managed . . . .

I lasted about half an hour with it as well... no print icon; no history icon; no addons like Xmarks, Downloadhelper, EXIF, etc... and never found it any faster, but then I've never had any problems with Firefox.

print is in the first multifunction icon to the right of the address bar

history is in the second one.....

they have done this to cut down on the number of unused icons displayed.

Oh I'm such a Google whore; Chrome (which is nice), Gmail, Maps, Calendar, G1 phone - and since using the G1 I've been using Google for my contacts too. It all feels so perfect...

....I hope it stays all rosey like this.....

Back