Google displaying wrong image.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I was approached by an angry photographer claiming that I have done something to hack his page.

When you search his name in google/images somewhere on the 2nd or 3rd page the profile pic of my facebook page appears and this links to his facebook page. I then tried to search my name and low and behold there is an image of another photographers facebook page linking to mine. This is not the same photographer that flagged the issue but someone else.

Please try and search your own names in google/images and see if this happens.

What could be causing this? I need to calm this guy down as he's accusing me of foul play.

If you’ve done something to rank on the other photographers google search why would your profile picture link to their website. Surely you’d have set it to link to your website if you did it on purpose.

If you turn on its head they are using your photo to advertise their Facebook page so aren’t they in the wrong?

I tried searching mine but on my phone so may not get the same results.

Hi,

A google search on 3 words separated by a space will result in google ranking all 3 words individually and display results based on their algorithm of popularity of each word and any links to each word. Please try nick+dancona+photography which will give a result for all 3 words only. Not sure it will help - I did notice that google ignores apostrophes in Dancona versus D'ancona !

You could both contact google I have found them reasonably responsive in a matter of days.
We had an issue where people were turning up here expecting to find their holiday cottage but it's a farm with similar name 7 miles away.
It came to a head when a French couple on walking (only) tour arrived at dusk in a blizzard and I felt obliged to drive them to the correct place lest they died of hypothermia.

Back