Google Map - Poppies, Lavender, Sunflower Fields & Bluebells

Im on the ipad so cant do a map, but the co-ordinates are

51.963519, -1.601136

Nowhere to park according to this map - http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html.
How did you manage it Tom?

I didn't, I drove past. I was in a 3.5t Luton van, no chance of parking.
There is an ORPA directly opposite the field which you could possibly pull in to. Also a gated access on the field side of the road which could fit a car.

Having problems adding, but on the A17 between Cranwell and Sleaford, both sides of the road there is five or six very large fields with the white and purple poppies

Done a big roadtrip today.

Bewdley (Worcs): practically all gone. It was a decent display apparently a week ago

Cotswold Lavender (near Evesham / Broadway): way too early, but it looks very promising

So all in all a very long trip to Evesham Tesco :bonk:

Any idea if Somerset Lavender is any better?

I was in the NE at the weekend and saw a few fields full of poppies and rape seed. Viewable from the A1 at Bellshill, but this is the place I parked and walked into the field to snap a few pics.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=e...d=1ODAGVzPOpJwzArFNBCeXg&cbp=12,17.16,,0,5.15

Sorry for the crappy FB quality.
970597_630064163671651_1131540498_n.jpg

Somerset Lavender are now in bloom, but it just doesn't look super tidy. There are some missing patches and quite a bit of weed coming through. I could still make a nice sunrise should we get one this year

I am probably waiting till the one near Evesham gets a little more mature.

And are there any sunflowers closer than in France?

I *think* I saw Lavender as I passed here (I hope that link works, I have the new maps) this morning, however I'm not all that keen to check it out in more detail as it appears to be guarded by some travellers at the moment. :(

Somerset Lavender are now in bloom, but it just doesn't look super tidy. There are some missing patches and quite a bit of weed coming through. I could still make a nice sunrise should we get one this year

I am probably waiting till the one near Evesham gets a little more mature.

And are there any sunflowers closer than in France?

My brother lives down that way, so was going to pay the Somerset Lavender farm a visit. Can you access it for a sunrise / sunset easily, or do you need to get permission? (or do I need to be a ninja :whistle:).

Thanks

My brother lives down that way, so was going to pay the Somerset Lavender farm a visit. Can you access it for a sunrise / sunset easily, or do you need to get permission? (or do I need to be a ninja :whistle:).

Thanks

Once again the field is on the public footpath. Enjoy your visit but please be sensible.

Poppy field near to Buxton marked on the map has either been pinned in the wrong place or now gone. Been up there this morning. No poppies anywhere to be seen and not sure where the "woods" are. Pin marker is in the middle of the moors. :shrug:

Last edited:
Poppy field near to Buxton marked on the map has either been pinned in the wrong place or now gone. Been up there this morning. No poppies anywhere to be seen and not sure where the "woods" are. Pin marker is in the middle of the moors. :shrug:

That map should go for good unless it is sorted out. It is not serving any good purpose at the moment.

Next we will have someone in scuba diving gear in the Irish sea looking for daffodils :shake:

Back