GoPro Alternative?

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
No
Cheers Andrew, Not much about those cameras though, but your input was very much appreciated

Gary I've just posted a link for flytecam which is being released shortly might be worth waiting for they say around £140 when they launch in July

On a single seater racing car, the vibrations will kill a GoPro or a Contour XD very quickly. These are about the only things that reliably stand up to this job.

Any proof of that?

I use a Countour Roam+2.... aside from getting it free the reason i liked it was primarily when snowboarding, all you do is flick a switch forward and back and you get an audible beep to tell you what's happening - great when it's strapped to your head and you're wearing gloves. I also like the rotating element so you can always have it level. Downsides of it are that it requires computer connection to change modes - I just keep mine in 'action' mode, which is 720p/60fps. Really well made too and good battery life.

I'd second the Contour ROAM 2, great cameras for the money and far better than most of the 'unbranded' alternatives. Contour are currently the No2 action camera manufacturer behind GoPro in terms of size and probably product although the latter varies on opinion.

I'm fairly knowledgable on the subject, being into mostly action sports, although haven't used one in a while I still keep up to date with them.

What is it you're looking at using them for? if you want usable(and by usable, I mean more than what sounds like somebody beating the microphone with a hammer) get a contour.

If you're doing something with heavy vibrations you may need to rig together a SECURE mount.

hey guys .. just got the Hitachi HDSV01U hd camera and have just 1 problem. can't find mounts for it. need a long arm mount that is curved and a curved normal mount. where can i get this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pittasoft have just related their blackvue sc500.

Better than the gopro in some ways.

There seems to be another action cam as every day goes by at the moment. We saw a couple more at the Photography Show, anyone seen the Rollei one? Seems to have a good range of mounts too which is always a plus.

Back