Gopro file in my video?

Name
wayne clarke
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a gopro for Christmas and shot a 4 minute video in 1080p S the video itself was a reasonable size. After running it through gopro studio I noticed a big drop in hard drive space, after looking I found a 9.5 gb file in my vid called gopro something or other, I'm guessing this is some sort of back-up? Is there a way to stop it doing this. I dread to think how big this files going to be if I shoot an hour of 4 K.

The time lapse video I send to Getty at full resolution 4K for a 20 second clip is around 2GB. However, the end user won't be using this and it will be converted into a different file resolution.

Hoping to have a Gopro next week to play around with and adding another dimension to my stock work.

Perhaps I didn't make my OP clear, the 9.5 gb isn't the exported file, it's just some sort of "spare" file gopros put in my video.

GoPro creates 3 files for each video... I forget the extensions, but basically 1 files is the "main" video file - I rip this from my SD card and into a folder on my hard drive before editing in Premiere Pro/After Effects. The other 2 files are to do with creating previews/thumbnails and being able to view through the GoPro app.... I simply delete this.

EDIT:

The two other files are .thm and .lrv

https://gopro.com/support/articles/what-are-thm-and-lrv-files

Back