GoPro Hero 5 night lapse photo playback query.

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
If anyone has a Hero 5, can you play back night lapse photos using the rear screen?
Here's the reason behind my question. You don't have to read it all!

I've done quite a few time lapse videos and night time lapse photos.
I generally download them to my Mac and play them from there after editing etc. To get longer videos, I have tried using an external power pack, but that never worked for me, as soon as I started recording, the internal battery took over and drained in a couple of hours, it seemed the power pack would not charge while recording.
Anyway, a couple of nights ago, after the latest firmware update, it seemed the external power pack was being used and I successfully recorded about 8 hours with the night lapse photo setting.
I downloaded and played it back on my Mac, I didn't try to review it on the rear screen.

So, now the problem.
Last night, I tried again, external powerpack connected and turned on, night lapse photo settings, press record and go to bed.
This morning, it appeared the internal battery was flat and the power pack had shut down.
However, there was a recording.
I connected the power pack and turned the cam on, it showed it was charging.
Swiped from the left on the screen to look at media, touched the only clip there, which told me there were 284 images, but it wouldn't play, nor could I see or select any individual images.
In fact I couldn't do anything with it. Swiping all over he screen did nothing, I had to press the side button to get out of the media setting.
Are you still following?

So, what happens when you try to review night lapse photos on the rear screen?

Back