Gopro time lapse jpeg editing?

Name
Michael.
Edit My Images
No
Just using Gopro Studio has anyone had any success using edited photos, (in Lightroom, for instance) to make a time lapse?
The photos from the Gopro work fine, but after making another separate folder with edited jpegs, I can't get those to work.
The files look similar to me.
The time lapse will work fine in the first stage after importing into the editor, and convert, but after that I'm getting a blank screen.

Would appreciate some help. Thanks.

I've done this a few times. Always worked fine for me. Both with Jpegs from the GoPro and from other cameras on a time lapse mode. Maybe there is something in the settings. Have you checked the converted file is ok? Also worth updating the GoPro studio software if that helps.

Thanks for replying.
I've just been trying again and altering loads of the settings. I can't see how it wouldn't work.... I'll continue!

Ah, worked it out!

Just in case anyone else has this problem...
When editing the jpegs in Lightroom, I very slightly straitened the photos making them a few pixels under the 4000px of the originals!

When I have use my GoPro for a Time Lapse it has converted the stills in camera to a mp4 video.
So I take My Kal that you are just using the GoPro to take photos at set time intervals so you can post edit before joining them together ! ?

The time lapse video option is great, especially in 4k. I do use this sometimes.
Time lapse photo shoots 12mp photos. I only have the GoPro Studio editor, so editing the photos in Lightroom allows me to lift the shadows and pull down the highlights a bit.... useful for sunrises and sunsets!
I only had to edit one photo, and then synced the settings to the other 500 or so.

are the stills any better from the 4k or better with 12mp photos ? if that makes sense .

I wouldn't have thought there's much difference. Time lapse photo has a few more options though, protune and night time lapses etc.
The video option uses much less memory and doesn't need to be edited.

The time lapse video option is great, especially in 4k. I do use this sometimes.
Time lapse photo shoots 12mp photos. I only have the GoPro Studio editor, so editing the photos in Lightroom allows me to lift the shadows and pull down the highlights a bit.... useful for sunrises and sunsets!
I only had to edit one photo, and then synced the settings to the other 500 or so.

In LR you can take a still from the video, then edit the still in LR. Use the sync function / option and applied that LR settings for the still to the video.
That should be a quick and easy why to colour correct videos within LR

Back