Got a piccy in the press

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Wahoo on a special feature of the local press. shame i didn't get paid for it.

Although they cropped it slightly to fit to page.

4998381714_38648c9988_z.jpg

Submitted picture
4985869339_530364ca10_z.jpg

I also checked this but no they have to have my consent before they sell it. which unless i get some return i won't be allowing.

you should get some money for that, Nice photo!

Nice photo. Typical of local rags not to pay "we have no budget" is the usual mantra. As a rule I don't even submit images any more - it'll be recycled rubbish the following day, so can't see the point in general. Nice to be able to say you've been published, though :)

Your work has been seen and maybe even appreciated by a wider audience than it normally does. Even if that is only a handful of people, as an artist surely that is reason to celebrate.

Well done.

Your work has been seen and maybe even appreciated by a wider audience than it normally does. Even if that is only a handful of people, as an artist surely that is reason to celebrate.

Well done.

Here here ... I second that!

Well done, it's a nice picture and whilst I'm sure it's annoying that someone else has edited your work I actually like the crop.

Well done.

Agreed with that. Although, it would be quite appalling if they started selling it without your permission.

As for news/editorial photographs, there would be no question, pay up or don't use. As for a competition, it's kind of the norm to not get paid to enter :LOL:

Last edited:
Congratulations, I allow our local rag to use my stuff for free, I did some training under there now picture editor when I was seventeen and I have also made a few sales from people phoning the paper and asking to buy a copy of a picture, they passed on my details and I got a sale. :)

Agreed with that. Although, it would be quite appalling if they started selling it without your permission.

I know that particular newspaper group quite well (not in that region but elsewhere daaarn saaarf) and they don't sell anything thats not taken by their staff togs - not even my stuff thats provided not for a reader entry but as a freelancer for editorial pieces I write.

thanks all, its nice to see your work in print.

I also have confirmation what is said above, spoke to the editor and they only sell what there apointed photographers take. im happy now.

Back