Got my first rolls of MF back.

Edit My Images
Yes
Postman arrived this morning with a very neat package with my first results in it. Feels quite strange to be looking at my pictures on negatives (I started on a dslr so have never used film before) and they look so much better on the negatives. Its not until I put them on the computer that i realised the focus was off and they werent quite that sharp. Overall though very pleased with what I got, they were better than I was expecting.

I Think Ill be investing in a scanner in the near future though as £30 for two rolls to cd is a bit steep.

Most of the shots were just test shots out my front window to see if I was getting the right exposures, these are the ones where i tried to compose a decent shot aswell straight from the camera.

1. My first MF shot
2852292173_a2887f1f0c_o.jpg

My second MF shot
2852293017_914cd7c251_o.jpg

3. One of my car, the focus on this one annoyed me as it looked better on the negative. I also meant to have a narrower DOF but was concentrating on getting the right exposure i forgot to change the aperture.
2853126368_8fd55bbe48_o.jpg

4.Ailsa Craig
2852295845_5063025a32_o.jpg

5. This is just the bit of road i stopped on to take the one above.
2852295373_6949a12846_o.jpg

6. This and the one below are my two favourites, this one was the biggest surprise as it was just a quick snap and I guessed the exposure but its turned out one of the best.
2852296195_5c7a49d535_o.jpg

7. wish I;d moved a bit to the right for this one but still happy with it.
2853126954_22a80b9431_o.jpg

I cant remember what film was used for each one but I think one roll was provia and one was astia.

Looks like the developer did a good job. For £30 I would hope so!

Definitely at least invest in a scanner if you're looking at continued dabbling in film... and perhaps consider doing your own developing if you're looking to save even more (plus you get to see the results of your day's togging efforts that evening :))

I cant remember what film was used for each one but I think one roll was provia and one was astia.

Should tell you on the edge of each film, along with a frame number.

30 quid is definitely way over the odds, especially as they appear have not tried any colour of exposure correction.

If you've got this in 16 TIFF it might be worth spendinga bit of time on, the jpeg has very little to work with but this is a quick effort.

rework01.jpg

Yesterday I ordered an Epson v500 so will be doing my own scanning from now on so ill probably try rescanning these to see how they compare. I think it should pay for itself relatively quickly just from scanning costs.

on the edge of the films it says RXP - Provia? and RAP - Astia?

I think that cost is just peak imaging pricing - i paid £15 a roll for B&W Ilford develop + scan. YOu can get cheaper but the scan files generally aren't as big as those from PI (typically 18Mb tif files). If you are happy with 4-5Mb files then other places will charge about a tenner for dev and scan.

Back