Got myself a new camera on the way, and its a baby

Name
Edward Fury
Edit My Images
Yes
I have decided to buy myself a 5x4 camera. Second hand of course, and at a good price, i think! Cant wait until i get it, though i wont be doing anything with it then until i get myself a lens for it!!

Shes a shen hao HZX 4x5 II. Ill post some photos up i take with it when i get a lens and put some film through it.

Really looing forward to getting my own LF kit now!!

That's a ridiculously cool looking camera!

2178552994_53ba235732.jpg

What kind of cash moneys did you pay for it? I'm after some kind of medium or large format camera, so far have my eye on a Bronica ETRS medium format. I'd not really considered large format until i googled your new baby.

Reckon you could play a sea shanty on that baby ;) Congrats and have fun ;)

Way to go! I love my Shen-Hao, though it gets nowhere near enough use.
There are quite a few wide, standard and slightly long lenses on the second-hand market, so you shouldn't have any difficulty getting hold of something suitable.
You'll need a decent tripod and head as well as a focusing cloth and loupe to check focus on the ground glass.

Do you have any film holders? Again, they are available second-hand, but Walker cameras sell them new for £22 each.

Good places to look for LF kit are:
Robert White
Ffordes
Walker Cameras

Mike Walker's focusing cloth is very handy.

What are you going to do about film processing?

Well for the body only, with a new ground glass in place and frensel $500, which was just over £300 at the time i think.

Towershot: the backup, my canon 5D!!

Kiasdad: Yeh im after a few lenses for it now, a 90mm and a 210 are the ones i want most i think and then something to bridge the gap later. I have 8 or so darkslides at the minute. Also have a focussing cloth, but a loupe is something i need to get.

Processing will be left to the darkroom. Though therre E6 processing prices are going up a bit in the new year i think.

Back