GPS Trackers

Name
Allen
Edit My Images
Yes
Just seen a little GPS tracker gadget at what looks like good value on a black friday deal
Small enough to hide in your camera bag , Anyone use anything like this ?

Looks like £15 + £6 a month for 24 months , How does this compair to insurance ? Opinions please

Airtag? I have to say have been impressed with the 4 I have attached/placed on keys and other items - one off fee and as long as there is an iPhone anywhere in range you know where it is

I don't own a iPhone I have a Huawei , not sure the airtag will work

Just looked at the Tile , It looks more like a " You left this at home / work / gym etc
I am looking for a tracker if my camera bags is stolen I can track where it is .

I have an airtag hidden in the car as a very cheap tracker, it gets pinged every time somebody with an iPhone walks past it. The Samsung smart tag works equally well with Android as my wife is an Android user so we have one of them hidden as well, they are cheap enough and Abarth‘s seem to be easy to steal...

Just looked at the Tile , It looks more like a " You left this at home / work / gym etc
I am looking for a tracker if my camera bags is stolen I can track where it is .
You CAN track, but without the subscription, you only get the last known location. However, you can also alert other tile users (anonymously through the app) for their phones to report locations if they are near your tile. As an example, I live in a large village, and there are 200+ tile users around me.

From tile web-site:-

"You can also tap “Notify When Found” so the Tile Network -- every phone running the Tile app and our Network Extenders -- can help locate your lost item. Each device on our network is able to help locate Tile trackers and send location updates to your Tile app. Anonymously, of course."

Obviously, this all goes for a ball of chalk if the tracker is removed from the bag.

I have never used in anger, thankfully. I'm not advocating tile devices - just pointing them out, and with the BF sale, it is a relatively cheap way of trying them out.

i have a tracker fitted to my bike, gives me a bit of peace of mind plus if it does get robbed i wont be calling the police...id rather deal with the little scroates myself and trust me they will wish i had called the police, the hard bit on motorbikes is finding places that you can hide the buggers...pings me every day to let me know its armed, ive got it set to sensitive so as soon as you touch the bike and you dont have the fob within distance, i get alerts to my phone...3 quid a month for the sim

i have a tracker fitted to my bike, gives me a bit of peace of mind plus if it does get robbed i wont be calling the police...id rather deal with the little scroates myself and trust me they will wish i had called the police, the hard bit on motorbikes is finding places that you can hide the buggers...pings me every day to let me know its armed, ive got it set to sensitive so as soon as you touch the bike and you dont have the fob within distance, i get alerts to my phone...3 quid a month for the sim

One of the most elusive places on a motorbike is underneath the ash tray ............ :LOL: :exit:

I have used a aaa powered royaltek GPS tracker for years. No subscription needed. Battery will last a day of shooting.

I doubt they're still available, but you may pick one up used.

Back