Graffiti

Name
Julie
Edit My Images
Yes
More pics from Toronto, saw this in my travels and thought it was pretty cool!

graffiti1.jpg

graffiti2.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jewel :)

That is great. Love the colours. Now if graffiti looked like that, it wouldn't be such a bad thing ;)

I love to see this stuff when it's done to this standard. Great exposure and processing Jewel, but it might have meant more if you'd shown it in the context of it's surroundings? ;)

Stunning stuff! excellent shot too! very nicely done.
That second one is just amazing.

nice to see good graffiti. well exposed shots there, nice to see no shadows or reflections of flashes on there as there are on many of these kind of shots.

Well seen 'n shot Jewel !

Frogspawn on a smokin' crocs head ... wassatallaboutthen ?

Great stuff and very well drawn both !

Well captured and striking images. Can see what they mean about context but I think that would make a completely different style of image.

Hey Jewel!

I've not been around much recently so have missed all your great shots from Toronto. Anyway, love them all.

Regarding CTs comment about being in context, I have to agree with that. I had a discussion with jamie (Fingerz) about this a while back and he quite rightly pointed out that you're only photocopying someone else's work if you just take a straight on image of graffiti.

I don't want to take anything away from your shots but I think that is what CT meant.

I think.

:D

Yep, it's a bit like photographing the Mona Lisa instead of including the people looking at it. Also this graffiti is often in run down areas where it contrasts starkly with the urban decay and makes more of a subject for your lens.

Not that I'm taking anything away from Jewel, she's improved massively. I voted her shot in 2nd place in the last comp and I was gob smacked to find it was one of Jewel's shots. (y)

CT said:
I was gob smacked to find it was one of Jewel's shots. (y)

erm thanks, I think,lol? :thinking: :p

I know what you mean though Cedric, my work continues to improve yes,lol :D

As far as the graffiti shots go, I totally get what your saying. Unfortunately those are the only two shots I did take of it. It was down an alley so your probably right, the shot would have taken on a whole different meaning. Just another reason to head into Toronto,lol :D

Thanks for the comments everyone, glad yall liked em. :)

Jewel

Back