Grand Tetons

Very cool take…
the clouds in the middle of the scene just do it. I think
that you were maybe too enthusiastic with the sliders!

That's a cracking shot, the low lying cloud really adds drama.

Nice and lovely colours. The cloud formation around the mountains is fantastic.

Look forward to seeing others from the trip.

Wow really spectacular. Agree with Kodiak, maybe a little too saturated? Also to my eye it's not quite straight. Don't know what it is but just looks like it needs rotating very slightly anti clockwise to me.

I'm not entirely happy with it, had to do more processing than I'd like. The original is shot in raw with my Canon 550D, but is rather washed out and flat. I was on a road trip with friends, so didn't have the luxury of choosing the time of day with better light.

Very, very nice.....maybe just a tad too dark in the sky, though! :)

Really like it, I would love to photograph that area.

Only comment Nigel is regarding the sky, it looks too blue/dark for me and there seems to be a different colour cast to the top half of the mountain than the bottom beneath the clouds, easily fixable I'm sure.

I'm sure part of it is accurate, i.e. the bottom of the mountain is cast into shadow by the clouds but the top half is sunlit, but it does look a tad odd. Great shot though, good choice to shoot in the vertical.

I'll try and create a composite, before and after processing. I do agree that my processing is exaggerated on this, I've given it a HDR look to make a disappointing flat image have some drama.

Back