Graphics Card & Monitor Connections different

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

I have recently upgraded my PC and I am looking at this graphics card -n n NVidia 1070x which has 3x DP outputs and 1 x DVI output.

I am running 2 different monitors.

1 x DELL u2412m @ 1200 DVI-D and Display Port
1 x Hazro Z27WC 27" 1440 - DVI only

Just checking if this will work?

Ie - connecting one monitor to the DVI-D output, running at 1440px and the other monitor connected to the Display Port output @ 1200px

Also..maybe worth mentioning that I dont have a display port wire... I have a Display Port - DVI adaptor which I plan on using with the Dell.

Thanks for any help

Just out of interest, what brand is the Nvidia graphics card that you are looking at?

Also, I think to get 1440 with DVI it has to be Dual Link DVI which I believe both the card and the monitor are, so you would just need the correct DVI cable. Perhaps someone could clarify/correct this?

Last edited:
I agree with Graham that it should work given correct cables. I'd suggest getting a proper DP cable rather than using the adapter, just to keep things clean. If the DP-DVI adapter is like the one I have then it needs a USB port on the PC for power which can be a nuisance. But that might be because mine is dual-link DVI.

Last edited:
Back