Graphics Tablets @ Aldi

I shall pop in tommorow...

Anymore details?

Hmmm the one in Wrexham didn't have any were not aware that they were supposed to be in stock.....

are they any good though, i tried none wacom pads before and tbh they are more of an hindrance than a help, it was a long time ago *** so things may have improved

are they any good though, i tried none wacom pads before and tbh they are more of an hindrance than a help, it was a long time ago *** so things may have improved

I think several peeps here bought one last time round to see how they got on with a GT rather than invest in a Wacom and find they coudn't get on with it, you'll either love or loath it but at under £30 for an A4 tablet may be worth a punt will always sell on if you don't take to it.

i have just got an AGK one from netto for £12.99 its not A4!! its only a small one but does the job

Been into my local branch yesterday, and the manager knew nothing about them :shrug:

He said they don't do them anymore, as they don't sell.
He can't remember the last time they had them in.........

I couldn't find them on the Aldi website either. I didn't think they'd done these for aaaages.
The Medion site doesn't have them listed as a product either?

Maybe this was old stock?

They were last sold in 2005 according to reports in a web search, and I found this ....
This is just an FYI to everyone who bought or is thinking about buying one of the Medion MD 41217 graphics tablets from Aldi.

The device is a rebadged Aiptek HyperPen 12000U (www.aiptek.com/Merchant2...Category_Code=T1) from Taiwan. The US website sells replacement pens, mice, overlays.

You can get newer drivers from the Aiptek Taiwanese website (www.aiptek.com.tw/englis...d_tablet_usb.htm). Also on that page are Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X drivers which aren't provided on any of the driver disks in the package.

Took me a while to work it out - but you can replace the blue medion paper under the plastic overlay. Use a thin piece of heavy paper to lift the overlay at the bottom - basically just a couple of millimetres below where the blue Medion background ends. The plastic overlay is very flush with the base and it isn't obvious it can be lifted. You can then place any A4/Letter sized paper underneath.

Only problems I have with it is that Adobe CS2 applications are not compatible with the pressure sensitivity. Apparently CS1 and below works fine, Adobe made a code change in CS2 which affects a lot of cheap graphics tablets in this way. Corel apps work fine.

Hope this info is helpful to someone.

It's also a WALTOP graphics tablet I found (Its where I got the mac drivers for mine from) :)

A4 tablets are too big. Makes for large hand movements. I use to have a larger tablet (not as big as A4) and hated it.

I now use a 6"x4" which is much easier to use.

A4 tablets are too big. Makes for large hand movements. I use to have a larger tablet (not as big as A4) and hated it.

I now use a 6"x4" which is much easier to use.

Personal preference I think, I used my sons A5 Wacom for a couple of weeks to see if I could get used to it. Liked it so I bought myself an A4 and much prefer it to the smaller one. It's a trade off between smaller hand movements and accuracy & precision. Depends on the individual user I guess.

I think I'd draw the line at an A3 though... or NOT draw the line as the case may be... :thinking:

Back