Paul Beastall
Edit My Images
Yes
Grebes feeding their chicks...

XE7K8760.jpg

EOS-1Ds MkII, EF 500 f/4L IS, 1.4x extender, tripod

Thanks for looking

Paul

I like that Paul, took me a moment to work out the chicks are piggybacked ... well caught

Like this alot. I to also nearly missed the chicks.
Great shot :clap:

Excellent........:clap::clap:

Quite simply beautiful
One of my favourite feathered ones and with young too.

Thanks Richard. It was a pleasure to watch. Spent about 3 hours watching 1 head off to get a fish and bring them back to the family. Or occaisionally lose will power and eat it on the way back!

That's great.

Nice captures GB. These birds really provide two great spectacles with the dance they do during the breeding and the sight of the chicks being carried around on their backs.

I'm back to thinking it is ok as the reflection of the fish is directly below the fish but I'm still not convinced. I think it may be one of those pictures that always looks a bit "wrong"

i think its the fact the 2 birds are on slightly different lines, which makes the optical illusion they arent level.

Cracking pic Paul, despite my bird of prey preferences, i do enjoy watching great crested grebes :)

A lovely shot Paul, it always surprises me how the black and white striped young turn into the shape and colours of the adults.

A lovely shot Paul, but I can't help but wish the crop was tighter, perhaps just the parents heads and of course the chicks in the frame :shrug: You've also reminded me I haven't been to check on the pair local to me recently, to see if they are a family yet. So thanks for the reminder!

Back