Great Tits.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I've not been doing much togging lately, due to changing the feeders for squidger proof jobbies and I've been letting the birds get used to the new set up. I've got a whole family of Great Tits though who were all over the feeders like a bad rash as soon as I put them up.. :LOL:

Here's Momma..

OY8N7913-01.jpg

And one of the sprogs

OY8N7915-01.jpg

70-200mm 2.8L (at 200mm) 100th at f6.3 200 ISO.

One day I'm going to open your threads to the subject you advertise, Cedric, you big tease!

In the meantime, nice tits.

Shots are fairly stunning too ;)

They are both super shots Cedric ... (y) ... delightful captures as ever ... :D

Have you thought of providing squidger feeders for the little scoundrels to keep them off of your birdie feeders ... :shrug: ... since we made the move we have not had one birdie feeder nuked by the rascals ... :cautious: ... although they do still occasionally try them, especially when theirs are somewhat low in stock ... :D

editsmily.gif
... Something like this Wooden Squirrel Feeder for instance ... :shrug: ... although they do have other types ... ;)

:p

Nice shots , funnily enough my wife was refilling the feeders last nite , she"s quite well endowed if you know what I mean ;) and as she leaned forward her cleavage overflowed .
Some one shouted " Look at those great tits " :)

Have you thought of providing squidger feeders for the little scoundrels to keep them off of your birdie feeders ... :shrug: ... since we made the move we have not had one birdie feeder nuked by the rascals ... :cautious: ... although they do still occasionally try them, especially when theirs are somewhat low in stock ... :D

Link's not working Rog. ;)

Tbh I resent the whole idea of specially feeding the little sods. They get more than their fair shair of the scattered seed we put out for the birds and I don't object to that but they were commandeering the fat balls too - we were getting through four a day! :D

Thankfully the new feeder has defeated all efforts by them .... so far. ;)

Nice to see you back posting Ct.(y) Great sharp shots:clap:

:thinking:
are these crops cedric or full frame . i only ask as i would like to see slighty more room aroun the birds and a very litte bit more the way they are heading " but thats prob just me :shrug: "
that said you have some good detail in there as normal ..
keep them coming as far as im concerned(y)

:thinking:
are these crops cedric or full frame . i only ask as i would like to see slighty more room aroun the birds and a very litte bit more the way they are heading " but thats prob just me :shrug: "
that said you have some good detail in there as normal ..
keep them coming as far as im concerned(y)

Small bird shots are always crops Dave! ;)

Fair comment though, I don't usually crop this tight but I was trying to show the resolving power of that 70-200 2.8L... it really is a beauty.

Small bird shots are always crops Dave! ;)

Fair comment though, I don't usually crop this tight but I was trying to show the resolving power of that 70-200 2.8L... it really is a beauty.

cheers for the response mate and the info....
as you know i do like the shots not the best ive seen off you but they are very good . im in the middle of some feeder moving myself at the moment so wont be posting any birds for a while :shake:

:woot: roll on gigrin farm :woot:

Little Tit is my fave of the two.
I really like the composition/pose, he has a cute kind of quizzical look.

Am sooo looking forward to getting my hands on the 70-200mm ... keep saving Glo, keep saving!

very nice ct with the 70-200 how much cropping is done id any.
many thanks
Thankee. Full frame original at 6 feet with the lens at full zoom (200mm) on the 1DMK2n.

titcrop.jpg

:naughty: now thats what ive been wanting to know for a while now mate
" what you start with and what you post thanks for that mate very imformative"

(y)

And the full sized (1:1) original:-

Gt_Tit_Full_Size.jpg

As I say this was at 6 feet -tops. With the 500mm the bird would fill the frame a bit better, but not much, and having a minimum focusing distance of around 15 feet it wouldn't have been useable in this situation. ;)

Back