Green Nettle Weevil , Red ant , and a Deraeocoris ruber

Crazy iridescence in the first (y)(y)(y)
second too soft and third, maybe you could try
to recover the highlights. :cool:

The Green Nettle Weevils are always very reflective even without direct sunlight so i did well with this shot.

The Red Ant looks ok to me dont know why you see it as soft

Deraeocoris ruber is another of those shiny bugs which always causes me serious problems with over exposed areas from the reflected light; so another good shot here.

Interesting bugs. Do you know them to be able to identify them without looking them up? How long have you been into them? I'm interested in exploring the world of insects - only know the basic ones - ants, daddy long legs, bees, wasps etc etc but keen to get to know them better. Just got a macro lens

Good morning Gill Bev im lucky i have a friend who will ID them for me im pretty new to this myself but love macro photography , what lens have you got?

I got the Nikon 105mm f2.8. Looking forward to getting out and about with it. Have you experimented with 'tubes'? Do you use a flash?

I use a Sigma 105 lens i did try tubes but just did not get along with them maybe i was trying to run before i could walk but i have a Raynox 250 (look on ebay) and i like it as it just clips on to your lens and you can clip it on or off as and when you want to , i do use a flash im just trying to diffuse it and tame it a little

Back