Green woodpecker

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Well after 3 months of trying to get one of these I finally managed to find them. Everything was against me i.e. lighting, position etc but I am so happy just to see one and get a pic of them. I will hopefully have the chance of getting some better pics soon now I know where they are.

No C&C required just wanted to share my joy of finally getting a shot of this little bugger :)

4742795035_57363f5186.jpg

Well done for getting your first green woody, i got a few shots last year they are an incredible looking bird i'm sure in time you will get even closer!

superb shot Stuart,if I would have seen this on the chase, I would have done cartwheels all the way home,any chance of letting us know were it was taken.

superb shot Stuart,if I would have seen this on the chase, I would have done cartwheels all the way home,any chance of letting us know were it was taken.

Sounds like a secret location if ever I've heard one...lol

Keith (y)

Well done catching one on a tree - I've only ever seen them on the ground looking for ants (?).

However, the shot doesn't really show the beautiful colours of this bird - I know my laptop screen here is a bit rubbish, but its definitely not hinting at the gorgeous colours this bird has.

Well spotted Stuart. I've been told where they are in that area but have yet to see one (y)

There was one on my (house) front lawn earlier today (not seen one there before) and looking out my office window here I can see four on the lawn outside here right now - the most I have seen in one go is eight!

Back