Greenwich - One of my favourite places!

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Greenwich is one of those places I will never tire of, I spent a day there last week with my two boys and could wander round the place over and over again.....oh and it's photography gold!

Some pics :)

Gratuitous Pano:
26287409595_6abced5872_b.jpg

The Painted Hall in the Old Royal Naval College
26014859800_78d4624ca7_b.jpg

26014845660_99c7c4bd40_b.jpg

Stairway in the Queen Mary Undercroft
26014814600_d107820ea8_b.jpg

Lots of views of the pillared walkways:
26287421345_cbfa988719_b.jpg

26287526135_0fa64a4936_b.jpg

Canary Wharf viewed through the two arms of the ORNC
25682797444_0a789e6e33_b.jpg

Everywhere you look there is something to shoot!
26287496465_ceb642ba2d_c.jpg

Ok that's enough self-indulgence from me :)

You can view the full set here:
https://flic.kr/s/aHskut3aGn

What a fab set, I've never been but I guess I need to add it to the must do list!

Love the stair shot and all those columns :D

Definitely one of my favourite London photographic locations.
Some difficult lighting in some of those, the colonnades have heavy shadow areas and the top of the staircase is burned out.
I often find architectural shots are better taken under overcast conditions to reduce the contrast.

I intend to make a donation towards the Painted Chapel restoration next time I'm there.

They're all great except the first, where everything seems to be drunkenly leaning. ;) Very much like the hall interiors.

Greenwich used to be a favourite place when I lived in London - 20p busride away on the 75 from South Norwood, before my parents ever owned a car. :)

Cool exposures and renditions…
too bad for the lens distortions!

I was in when I seen the 1st shot and as I went down the line of your shots I was thinking I know why it is a place you like to go to.
If it was close to me I would be doing the same thing.
Nice shots and well done.

Thanks for the feedback guys - I'm not happy with the distortions on the two panoramas either so perhaps I need to rethink my workflow here,
The rest I'm more than happy with, and I had a great day with my kids and that's plenty good enough for me :)

Cheers!

Excellent set, love the staircase (y)

I live about 20 minutes walk from Greenwich, so I've taken lots of pics in the area. Love the architecture, great to wander around or view from the park.

Really nice set of pics.

Great stair case!

Im sure a film i watched recently was shot here........... Thor 2? its the pillars

Film crews are quite regular in the area, several big budget movies have been filmed there including Les Miserable, Thor 2 and Pirates of the Caribbean. I was there one night and Daniel Radcliffe and James McAvoy were finishing filming Victor Frankenstein.

When they were filming Pirates of the Caibbean, Jonny Depp went to a local primary school in his Jack Sparrow outfit. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...Depp-joins-primary-schools-pirate-mutiny.html

Last edited:
Back