Gritty 52 Challenge For 2020.

Camera,
Nice image well processed (y)

That's very fitting Heather bang on theme, the processing looks good too (y)
And thanks to you and your colleagues, stay safe (y)

Cheers Cobra

Nice looking old camera there Heather.

Stay safe - utmost respect to the ambulance service after reading Blood, Sweat and Tea, and even more so in the fun that is 2020...

Personal reminds us of the risks you take every day... so I echo the thanks.
Two excellent mono images.

Hi Heather,
Personal - Damn, I think I might be the last one not to have posted Personal now lol. Very topical and works well in B&W.
Camera - I'm beginning to see a bit of a theme with the camera shots ;)
Again, very suitable for B&W, and nice use of the shadows.

Week 47
Paper
When Geocaching I often find the logbook has run out of paper... and the cache is full of soggy wet paper.

Paper..jpg

Week 49
Leaves

Leaves..jpg

Geocashing is all rather a mystery to me Heather..
But it looks like a nice find?

Geocashing is all rather a mystery to me Heather..
But it looks like a nice find?

It's sometimes a total mystery to me too ...
Happy New Year, hope you had a fair tiered christmas

Week 50
Abstract

Abstract.jpg

Happy New Year, hope you had a fair tiered christmas
Thanks Heather and the same to you tier 4 here, I hope you got some time off?

Week 51
Showcase
I had never carved a pumpkin till this year, how I had got to 4*! without ever having done so I really don't know as my mum was a Brown Owl with the Brownies whilst I was growing up.. so this year it was my time and I decided to capture the moment with some sparkler fun...

Showcase.jpeg

Spooky (5).jpeg

Last But Not Least My 52 of 52 (can't believe I managed it)
Congratulations To Everyone That Took Part, It Has Been A Very Challenging Year...

Week 52
Decorate (when I have more time I will revisit this and edit out the signpost)

Decorate..jpg

Week 52
Decorate
A great finish Heather and and congrats on doing so (y)

edit I'm not stalking you, honest :D your posts keep popping up while I'm sat in front of the PC checking the 52's

Last edited:
Nice looking old camera there Heather.

Stay safe - utmost respect to the ambulance service after reading Blood, Sweat and Tea, and even more so in the fun that is 2020...
Thanks Shugpug, I was given that camera.. it needs a service but I intend to do that next year and get back to basics with B&W film in this stunning example of a camera.
Ha Ha, Blood, Sweat & Tea are cracking books and not too disimilar to reality.
Happy New Year and lets see what 2021 throws at us all.

Personal reminds us of the risks you take every day... so I echo the thanks.
Two excellent mono images.

Thanks Helen, we are testing ourselves every 3-4 days at the mo, numbers are rising and so are the amount of very unwell Covid positive patients we are visiting daily. Stay safe and all the best to you and yours for 2021.

Hi Heather,
Personal - Damn, I think I might be the last one not to have posted Personal now lol. Very topical and works well in B&W.
Camera - I'm beginning to see a bit of a theme with the camera shots ;)
Again, very suitable for B&W, and nice use of the shadows.

Thanks, yeah sorry about that I was wracking my brains for ages for that one and then it became obvious..
All the vey best to you and the family and lets see what 2021 throws at us all.

That is pretty damned good (y)
The colour one nails it but the second is also a little spooky (y)

Cheers Cobra, It only took 10 sparklers to get it right so I was chuffed. I didn't think for a minute you were stalking me :sorry: I must admit I had a bit of a wobble and thought I wasn't going to get them in but hey presto 52/52. :woot:
Thanks for all you help and feedback and all the effort you and the others put into running the 52. I really do appreciate it.
Happy New Year, Stay Safe

Awesome work on catching up and finishing the 52!

Nice selection of images - stand out to me are abstract, which is just beautiful, and spooky. The pumpkin is fantastic, and the effect you've given it with the sparkler (colour for me too!) is great.

Awesome work on catching up and finishing the 52!

Nice selection of images - stand out to me are abstract, which is just beautiful, and spooky. The pumpkin is fantastic, and the effect you've given it with the sparkler (colour for me too!) is great.
Cheers Shugpug,

I did one similar to abstract one evening in Wales when away with my goddaughter and we were doing some light painting and I have been trying to get an evening to have a bash at it myself.. I was chuffed with how it came out.
The same with the sparklers and the pumpkin, amazing what a bit of post night shift creativity can be conjured up.

Hi Heather,

Well done for making it across the line and finishing your first 52 :)

Paper - Geocaching eh? You'd get on well with @minx. Do you have any cache's that you look after? I bet 75% of the people reading this won't have a clue what we're talking about.
Leaves - I would have been tempted to let him get a bit further along the path, to really use hte leading line to direct the eye to him.
Abstract - I like that :) I'm thinking a crystal ball of some kind + torch/laser? I do like the blue colours you've captured.
Showcase - That's excellent. The brightness of the sparklers really do stand out against the black, and light the pumpkin very nicely. Colour is my preference over the B&W. I think in the B&W I would have pushed the whites a fair bit more personally.
Decorate - Not really much you can do about street furniture. The council seem to get upset if you take chainsaws to their lampposts. They really ought to be more considerate about where they place them ;) That's a cool piece of street art. Well found.

Brilliant catch up and well done on finishing.

Paper: It's almost like a secret little club isn't it geocaching? I know very little about it, but it does look like fun. I didn't realise each one had someone looking after it.
Abstract: I've no idea how you did it, but it really works.
Showcase: I thought this was done with wire wool and I had no idea how you safely achieved it until you mentioned sparklers. The colour one is wow!
Decor(ate): Interesting mural. That signpost looks difficult to clone out to me. My eye was drawn to the people and the heritage shop at the end too. Lots to see in this pic.

Great bit of artwork in your last post, there are some very talented people around.

Back