Grrrr @ Christmas ads!

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
:censored: Christmas ads and catalogues already! Got the nice shiny Comet chrimbo gift thang today (on a sunday)drop through my letter box (nice plasma) but isnt it just TOO BLOODY EARLY!!!!! Got a boots one last week and a whsmiths one the week before that!

Im glad i dont listen to local radio cos im damn sure they will have ads running too....:nunu:

:annoyed: Spoils the whole feeling of Christmas for me. :snowman: ...... same as fireworks going off 2 weeks before Nov 5th, or kids trick & treating 2 weeks ahead.....etc ...etc......oh my god I am Victor Meldrew :coat: :LOL:

I dont bloody believe it !!!! ;)

We have had fireworks here for 2 weeks ! lol bored with them now, cant wait for the new year so they flippin stop !

Cant watch TV cos every other ad is for Argos new Xmas catalogue thing with 1700 gifts in it !

:censored:

Come on you set of grumpy buggers......... :D where's your Christmas Spirit ??

EosD - Too early is just a man thing - Mrs EosD has probably already done all your Christmas shopping !! its just we normally don't think of Christmas till somewhere around the 23rd of December!! :icon_eek:

Do you think theres any chance we get the front page adorned with some fake snow please admin ??....... :D ..........Ok then ... :coat:

tesco's have had advent calendersr in for over a month :annoyed:

noah said:
tesco's have had advent calendersr in for over a month :annoyed:

We've already bought ours ;) Along with a few presents. Just one or two decorations to top up our 'collection' (A couple broke last year), and we're all set (bar a few more presents).
We already have the cards too.

Christmas dinner is next on my list to be planned. I'm cooking and we're having the whole of my immediate family round, 10 kids and 7 adults (IIRC), in a 2 bed flat, so that'll need to be planned like a miliatary operation :D

I love christmas, and I used to hate it when it started early, and every year I'd get stressed with the mad last minute rush. This year we're doing it in advance and I must say it feels great, knowing that when the time comes, and everyone is panic buying in the shops, and racing round trying to find sold out items, and last minute gifts, and they're having turkey without stuffing etc, that I, will be sat back, slippers on with my feet up, smiling to myself :D

Marcel said:
I love christmas, and I used to hate it when it started early, and every year I'd get stressed with the mad last minute rush. This year we're doing it in advance and I must say it feels great, knowing that when the time comes, and everyone is panic buying in the shops, and racing round trying to find sold out items, and last minute gifts, and they're having turkey without stuffing etc, that I, will be sat back, slippers on with my feet up, smiling to myself :D

me too Marcel,lol I love the christmas season as well. I have started extra early this year, and I too will have a smile on my face come December :) I don't like fighting with the crowds. People get nasty when it get's down to the nitty gritty. I don't have the patients for it. The season can never start too early for me. As soon as Halloween is over the lights go up and I'm ready! Anyone ever see the movie Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase? Well I'm him when it comes to the lights for the house,lol. A wee bit exaggerated but you get the idea,lol. :p

Hmmm, doesn't it just seem a bit pointless that you have to spend months planning this momentous event?

Having Crimbo at our place this year with just me, the missus and the cats and I'm really looking forward to it because it'll be a xmas free zone. Spent the last two years away in France skiing over the Christmas period and they do it properly, no fuss.

:)
(But if you like it then that's fine with me)

Over here in Germany they do not sell fireworks until the 4th November so thus far I have not had to tolerate stupid yobs setting them of for the last two weeks. it has made it so that I am looking forward to seeing them for the first time in ages.

The downside is that the Germans like to celebrate Christmas with with style. The first Christmas lights have begun to appear this week so I guess the magic will be lost by the time it arrives. At least I have the Christmas markets/fairs to look forward to, that and a guaranteed fair amount of snow. :)

Mr THX said:
Come on you set of grumpy buggers......... :D where's your Christmas Spirit ?

It's kept behind the bar... so I'm off to the pub to look for it :beer: :coat:

(at least it gets me away from the trick & treating)

:snowball:

Washed the car three times this week due to fall-out from all the fireworks. Loads of burnt-out casings all over the road.
Had a conservatory window damaged last year as a rocket came through it...

Used to be one night a year, now it's a bloomin' fortnight...

exactly right Arkady, bloody kids!

Steve you will have to get used to different Xmas customs, St Nick will come and leave a stick with a bow on it if youve been nawty, and fill your shoe with goddies if youve been good, got to do that sometime near the beginning of december if my memory serves.

I really hate christmas NOW but in 4 weeks i will get into it a bit, nearer the actual time! And yes, Mrs EoasD has done most of the shopping!

Yes differnt country-different customs :) All part of the fun and enjoyment

sorry, that should be der todt ist...
cr@p at Boxhead...

Mike Aiken said:
Yes Steve

The Kristkind arrives on xmas eve and leaves all your presents, at least you get to open them the night before :thumb:

Mike

aye, spent my life opening my stuff on Xmas eve! german mother you see...(we need a german smilie now)

Mike Aiken said:
in agreement with the German Smilie :)

We already have one.

:second:

(Sorry, couldn't resist....)

lol! like it....

Back