Grumpidad's 52 of 2011 - Week 23 of 52 - Broken - Added

Great thread you have here, really fascinating to see another side of Navy lift.

The library shot is spot on for the theme "knowledge". You've done well considering the difficult lighting conditions with bright sunshine and deep shadow. The wonky angle is easily fixed in PP.

Your "finish" sunset is just beautiful.

Well back home its not as easy to get nautical themes so I thought I'd go for one of the other things in my familys life.

My son does football on a Saturday morning so I thought, what is a referee but a "moderator" of the game.

So here we have a "moderator" ..

20110326-_MG_0327.jpg

Hiya Pete,

Great take on the theme. Like the blurred background, but think the whites are a bit blown (looks like the light was very harsh).

Will you be going back to sea again this year?

Cheers

Dawn :)

Dawn,

hopefully not as I wasn't mean't to be this year at all. Next year however most of it will be away. Still lost on empty, must think harder in the last few hours before the new topic is loaded.

Pete

Hi, Pete, welcome back to terra firma!

I really like your empty, what makes it, besides to heart:), is the table.

Now that is one well stirred cup!

Cheers.

Hiya Pete,

Well done and absolutely :love: it!

Bang on theme and that wood table is just gorgeous.

Cheers

pete...maybe its just my eyes... but did you intentional take it once a heart had dried into the centre of the cup? or is this PP .. ;)

great shot btw ..love the wood grain...

Continuing on the nautical theme, I thought I'd add an object found in harbours, ports and marinas.

20110407-_MG_0573.jpg

Thanks for all the comments on my empty cup of tea, by the way that was laminate flooring not a table, lit by the patio door and the heart in the middle was pure luck.

But thank you all.

Hiya Pete,

Ooooh I'm glad to see a nautical themed photo again, have missed your pics of the sea.

Love how you have captured the glistening on the water in this shot and it is right on theme (y)

Cheers

Hiya Pete,

Indeed, I agree with you 100%!!!! That is definitely a fashion (or should that just be in general) faux pas a big :nono:

Back home in South Africa someone would get shot for doing that :LOL: Not only is it a 'sin', but it also results in an unsightly 'sock tan' :puke:

Excellent interpretation and representation of the theme! :clap:

Now go and take those socks off before I have to :bat: you :D

Well done and thanks for the giggle.

Cheers

pete you are sooo right... this is wrong... sock should be worn only with the brown leather, rough looking strappy sandels..not these fashion trendy poofy ones... and the socks HAVE to be brown.. with diamonds on them... AND matching cardy!!!!! then THEN..thats RIGHT...

...and Dawn... i have permanent sock tan.. its hip round these parts...

..what..?

Paradox, Hmmm.

Abilene paradox: People can make decisions based not on what they actually want to do, but on what they think that other people want to do, with the result that everybody decides to do something that nobody really wants to do, but only what they thought that everybody else wanted to do.

20110417-_MG_1102.jpg

from a TTD workshop, I think this applies.

Pete

That's a great shot Pete and keeping with your nautical theme. Think she could do with a bit more light on her face, maybe should have got someone to swim with a reflector.
Great colours and dof.

Hi, Pete, like this one: great colours and her expression and gesture really make the photograph.

Out of interest, any reason why you put her central?

Cheers.

Hiya Pete,

This is a great photo for Paradox and right on theme. I love the colours and brilliant DOF.

Well done

Cheers

Tropical, hmmmm. The area lying between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.

In which lies the caribbean and what to we find in the caribbean ....

20110430-_MG_2679.jpg

Pirates and thier lairs.

I know its a push but I think it works, so there. :razz:

Like the punchy colours and the empty space in the top left. :)

Rgds

Adie

Back