gutter cleaning camera rig result

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp7vEJrJAj4

I taped my compact camera to the gutter cleaning pole switched on to video mode and raised the pole to gutter height. Then edited out the camera being raised and got this.

Simple setup but quite proud of first effort and saved a lot of money instead of buying the camera and monitor offered for sale with the Skyvac system

A grooved pulley wheel might be a useful addition, hook it onto the lip of the gutter and you should get a steadier shot aimed at the gutter. Ideally two wheels and a spring-loaded coupling so the camera remains at the same pitch angle even when you reach over obstacles.

Alastair

This was the cheapest way of checking to see if the skyvac had cleaned the gutter properly. Adding what you suggest invloves a lot of jury rigging and expense which may or may not work. I could have bought a camera that clips ovr the nozzle end of the suction hose and a wirless monitor with memory recording designed for inspection.

Bit like the previous owner of this place, he over engineered everything he built as well

Back