Ha ha ha - Haaaaaaa - ha!

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Can't believe my luck with these. I was just on my way out, glanced through the window and saw it on the garden. I thought it was a Starling, then realised what it was - entered panic mode- ran and grabbed the 20D which fortunately had the 70-200 2.8L attached and got about 20 shots hand held but all taken through tinted double glazing glass, so I've had to process the begeezus out of these.

IMG_4954-01.jpg

IMG_4959-01.jpg

IMG_4960-01.jpg

It's a young Green Woodpecker btw just getting it's adult colouring. :)

Are you sure its not a stone ornament from the garden centre or one of Dark Stars HDR's ?? :D :LOL:

muttley.gif

Seriously CT, very well done indeed(y)

Lucky catch Well done CT (y)
(I'm sure its a starling with a "shopped" head and a colour tint added though :D)

Ha Ha Haaaa Haa Ha indeed. :clap: Lucky git.

Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is it Cedric..:thinking:

Tim, it's a young Green Woodpecker btw just getting it's adult colouring. :geek:

(or so says Cedric below his photos up there on the first post.)

Tim, it's a young Green Woodpecker btw just getting it's adult colouring. :geek:

(or so says Cedric below his photos up there on the first post.)

Thanks mate.:bang:

Repeat after me: I must stop speed reading..:wacky:

Now it's a HEADBANGER!!:LOL:
IMG_4960-01.jpg

Serious though, great shots. I've never seen a live woody.
Dean:)

Excellent.... not easy things to capture. There's a couple near us (50yds) I hear them all the time, seen one of them once but never had the camera ready! Grrr!

Oooh you jammy dodger CT :eek: Nice shots too considering ;)

Sweet and lucky

Lucky you. Well done on the rushed pics. Great

Weeee ... ll ... They're OK Cedric ... ;) ... but is this a ploy to throw us off the Nuthatch trail ... :cautious: ... :D

:p

Amazing what you can do in photoshop isn't it? :LOL:

Lucky capture - I've never seen a green one.

Weeee ... ll ... They're OK Cedric ... ;) ... but is this a ploy to throw us off the Nuthatch trail ... :cautious: ... :D

:p

Still no Nuthatch. I was set up all day today and not a sign. Then I put the gear away, I'm on my way out, and this happens. Just shows - you never know. :shrug:

not up to the usual standard Cedric, but what a great experience heh :) have seen a few Greenies, but never when i have had a camera with me, flighty flippin things :) hope they come back and bring the nuthatches too ;)

Well I hear them quite a lot, but I've only seen one adult so far. I'm hoping this youngster will keep coming.

Excellent C.T A rare visitor to a garden :clap:Hope it comes back when you are ready and waiting(y)

Me too!

The thing which has his attention in all these shots is the nut feeder! :D
IMG_4957-01.jpg

It's a bit close to the window for comfort though, so I'm hoping the new nut feeder at the increased distance will be too big a temptation. It's nice and high too - about 8 feet.

My woodpecker shots are full frame shots at 290mm. i use an old oak stump about 4ft high , with a hole drilled out for some loose feed .You have got a good start with them coming to the garden and showing an interest in the feeder.Good luck(y)

Thankee kindly. The adults in full plumage look fantastic, so I'm hopeful. :)

Brilliant shots. Hear them around here with only occasional glimpses as they flit through the trees.

Well done, no doubt we will be seeing more once you get the chance to get proper shots of him/her and then we'll all be pig sick ;)

Mike.

Don't wander into the natural history stuff very often but Iam so glad I did Cedric, these are fab. I had not idea that a woodpecker was that colour and had you not said what it was I probably wood never have guessed. Although the shape of head should have given it away.

Well done mate! (y)

Back