Had a camera manual printed

Name
Terry
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just taken delivery of a Manual for my XE2 with Version 4 firmware upgrade.
This is not available in printed form. As is the case with many manuals today.
I had it printed in A5 format from the PDF on the Fuji site. they have done a splendid job on very nice paper and a laminated card cover
Ok I could probably have printed out the pages myself at about the same price but it would not have been anywhere near as nicely printed or as well bound. for £8.90 including 24 hour postage seems a fair deal to me.
I had it done as A5 landscape as it is far easier to read.

For those with a similar problem,there are a number of places you can get this done on line, but they don't all send them with a packet of Haribo starmix:banana:
(You could do this searcg https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=printing+manuals+from+pdf)

TA3X4825Z by Terry Andrews, on Flickr

Last edited:
Not quite done it myself... but when I bought my second hand D750 from LCE they had had a copy of the manual printed and bound similar. Though to be honest most of the time I read the pdf on my iPad.

PS. Is that a tiny packet of Haribo or a huge manual?

Last edited:
Not quite done it myself... but when I bought my second hand D750 from LCE they had had a copy of the manual printed and bound similar. Though to be honest most of the time I read the pdf on my iPad.

PS. Is that a tiny packet of Haribo or a huge manual?

The manual is A5 the haribo business card size. Still better for my teeth....

Thanks for the info.
Just had a look at doing this for my X-T2.
Nearly £25 posted. That's a pricey packet of Haribos:eek:

How many pages is the xt2 manual . My one was 172 pages including covers.
You need to set A5, landscape, black only ,100gsm paper. Printed two sided
Laminated cover.
Yours would need to be vast, someting like 500 pages to cost so much...
Are you sure you got every thing right?

How many pages is the xt2 manual . My one was 172 pages including covers.
You need to set A5, landscape, black only ,100gsm paper. Printed two sided
Laminated cover.
Yours would need to be vast, someting like 500 pages to cost so much...
Are you sure you got every thing right?
Not sure how many pages. I just uploaded the PDF. Settings were all as you say except the paper which I can't remember.
How much did yours cost?

Not sure how many pages. I just uploaded the PDF. Settings were all as you say except the paper which I can't remember.
How much did yours cost?

Mine cost £8.90 inc postage for 172 pages

Yours will cost 12.21 for 368 pages

See this estimate you need to change it to black only or it will be printed in colour which is much more expensive change everything as I have done and it will revise the price.
They need to add a page as the inside cover is not printed. you need to mention this.
xt2 manual.jpg

Hate virtual manuals - they're so clunky. All that's modern isn't always better. So it sounds a bargain to me.

A few yrs ago I had a Panasonic camera for a while, and emailed their customer support, who sent me a free print-out (from their office printer, it seemed) of the manual - on a4 or a5, I can't remember. But the sheets were loose, & I bound them myself. Which is only to say, that it's always worth a try.

The camera was excellent, but didn't suit my purpose, and I was impressed by the customer service. The Olympus lens I bought to go with it was carp in terms of quality control, and so was the Olympus customer service that i attempted to invoke.

Last edited:
These are excellent value for money:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Mobile-Pho.../Manuals-User-guides-/_i.html?_fsub=154843017

Good service and quality too. Mine arrived in 2 days, printed on A4, 165 pages and less than £6

That is indeed a very good price, but the are comb bound which I am not fond of, as they do not stack well and soon get tatty.
Nor do they do an Ex2 one in any version.

I notice some of the Canon ones are only printed A4, which seems rather huge for a hand book.

My one is also a good price for a one off professional print, and the price almost halves for two or more.

Back