Had a major Brexit fright today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
If the EU workers go home will i still be able to get my car washed for £6 :LOL:

I'm sure there are plenty of good, honest English yeomen only too willing to do a better job than some dodgy foreign blighter.

Apparently.

Can you see the modern British worker standing out in the wet and cold washing cars, i cant.

Can you see the modern British worker standing out in the wet and cold washing cars, i cant.

No chance, go sick by lunchtime on the first day and never be seen again.

£4 in Wales and I think there from outside the eu to

Great place to pop in and say ”hi”. ;)

Why would you want a car cleaned in the wet? It'll be dirty again in no time. It's not as if for £6 it'll get a polish and wax. You may just as well drive down the jetwash and spend a couple of quid instead.

The home grown criminal isn't intelligent enough to work out the fraud involved :)

It needs people from outside the UK to see how 'soft' we are!

Do EV need less or more washing? :)

Like we'll be able to afford cars.

Come the next election I expect most parties to be offering free cars and ipads and more. It'll be like The Generation Game with items waiting to be picked off a conveyor belt.

Mrs WW got a new car in Thailand, well, actually the government paid half the cost as part of their bribes and going on this election I expect it to happen here very soon.

Do they charge more?

Wont this new green energy help or will it just give paintwork a colour cast?

Why would you want a car cleaned in the wet? It'll be dirty again in no time. It's not as if for £6 it'll get a polish and wax. You may just as well drive down the jetwash and spend a couple of quid instead.

When you get your car washed about three times a year like me it doesn't matter if its raining, the jet wash wouldn't touch the crap that was on mine, i get a free ceramic type coating on them when new and it don't look too bad without wax after washing.

When you get your car washed about three times a year like me it doesn't matter if its raining, the jet wash wouldn't touch the crap that was on mine, i get a free ceramic type coating on them when new and it don't look too bad without wax after washing.
If it was a good ceramic coating, a jetwash is all that would be needed, but they don't last for ever. Some will give a years protection some as much as 5 to 10yrs.

Just do like we have customers at work do, come in for a free health check waiting and get a free wash a vacuum. Cost to customer £0 just have to wait about an hour

Yes, because most of them are here illegally anyway!!!
If they are “EU workers” then they are not here illegally.

We have a valeting company come to our work every couple of weeks, they charge £7 for a basic wash, all I have to do is leave my key at reception.

If the EU workers go home will i still be able to get my car washed for £6 :LOL:
Well the brexiteers repeatedly said they wanted a “level playing field” so more non-European workers could come. Of course it’s already true that most inward migration is from outside Europe, presumably there’ll just be more of them.

I remember reading an article recently which basically said that if your paying less than £6 for your car wash then its not only migrant labour, but slave labour too.

Well the brexiteers repeatedly said they wanted a “level playing field” so more non-European workers could come. Of course it’s already true that most inward migration is from outside Europe, presumably there’ll just be more of them.

To me it's a matter of three things, fairness, sustainability and more brutally what's good for the UK.

Fairness. My wife is an immigrant and the visa process is long, arduous and expensive and yet some other "foreigners" can come here with no limitations, restrictions or visa hassles and that's maybe just not too fair.

Sustainability. We have to accept that not everyone who wants to come here can be allowed too. Unrestricted immigration simply isn't sustainable. Some years ago some on the looney fringes had a policy of equilibrium meaning that immigration would be unlimited until the standard of living in the UK fell so much that it reached equilibrium with the countries people were coming from and at that point people wouldn't want to come here anymore. That's an extreme policy and a worst case scenario but even if we don't go that far surely we must accept that their must be limits and the population and quality of life in the UK must be sustainable. We need immigration controls to do that.

Thirdly and most sadly I think we do have to accept that although we need to humanitarian and take in refugees and others in need we also probably need to also select at least some people on the basis of what they have to offer the UK. This may be hard hearted but it's just what other countries do.

I remember reading an article recently which basically said that if your paying less than £6 for your car wash then its not only migrant labour, but slave labour too.
UK Minimum wage - £8.21/hr
Basic car wash time. 15-20 minutes. Not really sure how you could charge more to be honest.

My entire knowledge of the car wash business comes from watching Breaking Bad, but I'm pretty sure there are overheads other than wages, and the operators also want to make a profit if they're not just using the company to launder money from their meth empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back