Had my first run in with the police today

Bloody Animal Cruelty!

Sweet Lord, you are all going around in circles repeating the same things in different guises. Thread has been battered to death.

All go out and have a pint instead.

You mean to say that you didn't make a big bundle of money out of your photojournalistic endeavours?

*Runs away and hides*

I made a shed load, but I used it to buy some upgrades to my car so I can keep up with the ambulances I chase. Also got me some sweet spikes to attach to my alloys just incase I can't find any action and need to create my own.

Sweet Lord, you are all going around in circles repeating the same things in different guises. Thread has been battered to death.

All go out and have a pint instead.

Mine's a whiskey. Pint of, please. 15 year single malt, if you don't mind.

Hmmm.....10 pages to read through :wacky:

Y'know, if the polis had really been all that bothered about the op's actions all they had to do was threaten to arrest him for breach of the peace.

That usually works for me :police: ::runaway:

Hmmm.....10 pages to read through :wacky:

Y'know, if the polis had really been all that bothered about the op's actions all they had to do was threaten to arrest him for breach of the peace.

That usually works for me :police: ::runaway:

But they can't arrest him for breach of the peace, they can remove him to 'prevent' a breach of the peace, but he isn't the one breaching, iyswim.
That's my understanding of it anyway.

Oh my God, I have just read this from start to finish, my eyes are hurting my brain is scrambled and I am starving hungry.

My thoughts;

Leave1, well done for posting. Carry on doing what you think is best.

Badgerbaiter, I have two points for you to mull over too; your forum name offends me and last but definitely not least, as a motorsport photographer, have you ever taken a picture of a crash/accident/carnage/skid/ etc?

About 7/8ths through this thread, it went off topic, how come the mods did not strangle this? Is this because one of the mods was the culprit? :naughty:

Play nice all and have a merry Christmas.

If you need to have a chill, look at this thread.......... Click Me Please

But they can't arrest him for breach of the peace, they can remove him to 'prevent' a breach of the peace, but he isn't the one breaching, iyswim.
That's my understanding of it anyway.

From what I've been threatened with told, by Strathclyde's finest, is that if they consider that you are putting anyone else in a "state of fear or alarm" they can arrest you for breach of the peace.

Mind you last time I questioned how taking photographs could do this I was told to "foxtrot-off" and go home :LOL:

Just got in from work and cant believe how this thread has spiralled out of control! :eek:

anyway i would just like to thank Marcel for the quote of the day...

I'll state this as clear as I can, for the last time.

If you can't put your point across politely. **** off.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

i think a little bit of wee came out...

But he was distracting the emergency services by having how many ill-informed coppers coming over to him?

That is in no way, shape or form leave1's fault. Maybe rather than be distracted and attempting to illegally take leave1's camera and restrict his basic rights they could be doing something more beneficial

I think, realistically, you can only be arrested for this in Scotland as they have different privacy laws (which is why a lot of the current pdf's circulating are only for England and Wales). In England you can only be arrested if "an act done or threatened to be done which either actually harms a person, or in his presence, his property, or is likely to cause such harm being done"

not only that, but i think the noise has something to do with it too..

Was he shooting in low light then or was he using a Canon, in which case he needs to get himself a D3 or D700 far less problems with noise on one of those :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Badgerbaiter, I have two points for you to mull over too; your forum name offends me and last but definitely not least, as a motorsport photographer, have you ever taken a picture of a crash/accident/carnage/skid/ etc?

this thread is like a bad guy in a bad movie.. just when you thought he's dead he comes back again.

but you get the prize for the most irrelevant post
1) I'm offended by your name too. I dropped a tile on my foot once and it really hurt, and it was in 1965 whilst I was at a fancy dress party dressed as Groucho Marx. So i dont know if you are trying to offend me on purpose or what.
2) Yes I did once take a picture of a skid. Thanks for asking.

Someone please close this thread as its gone around and around in circles and completely lost its way from the interesting discussion it once was.

I think, realistically, you can only be arrested for this in Scotland as they have different privacy laws (which is why a lot of the current pdf's circulating are only for England and Wales). In England you can only be arrested if "an act done or threatened to be done which either actually harms a person, or in his presence, his property, or is likely to cause such harm being done"

The main pdf that is doing the rounds was written by a lecturer at Stirling University and cover the law both north and south of the border and highlights the differences. If BoP can't be used down south I'd imagine they'll just trot out the Terrorism Act as an excuse and detain the tog under that - whether it's applicable or not....

my thoughts are that I tke photos to both look at and enjoy. I personally cant see what the end result could be other than having photos of a sensitive issue that you cant / daren't show anyone as it could be seen in bad taste. this would of course be different if the photos were being used to inform (such as local paper or ad campaign on the results of RTA)

I agree that the police and those around you acted in a shocking way, but emotions are high in these situations and without the shield of being a member of the press etc then backlash is harder to deal with.

i think that this issue will never be solved and is down to the individual photogrpher to deal with in their own way, and of course in keeping with the law of the land. Information is the key and knowing what the legal stance is can sometimes be enough to difuse the problems. an empathic view of the situation can also sometimes help.

just read the first couple of pages, firstly well done on remaining calm, i dont think i would of, and these images you shot might just have the desired effect and to get peaple thinking about how they drive,

If i came across anything like this i too would also document it and hand copys to the police and local papers

Back