Hadston, Northumberland

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Well we've just arrived for weeks holiday in a nice big house in Hadston, Northumberland. Other than the beaches and castles where else can I go for picture opportunities? I'm hoping to get some nice Milky Way shots weather permitting and maybe some red squirrels?

Any help?

Matt

This is a place I like for scenery you shouldn't get any un wanted light and is awesome for weather sky shots

Dropped Pin
near Roman Rd, Northumberland National Park (HQ), Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland NE19 1TH
http://goo.gl/maps/t2Ffc

Might be to far out for you but you will drive through some nice villages and plenty places to stop if you see fit

Thanks, I will have a look at the distance :)

It's near enough though lol

Using that logic Manchester is near enough in Wales...

Geography aside, the Cheviots are nice, as is the Rothbury area. There's some nice places around Alnwick as well.
I gather the beach at Druridge Bay is quite dark and Holy Island will be pretty dark too! Best bet for there if you fancy a wander is to get yourself 'trapped' on by the tide and explore during that time.

Just seen this thread ...

Matt ...don't worry about what to photograph. Put your camera down and start studying your atlas!

As stated above, using your logic, I can therefore class you as a scouser! Hahaha.

Will be in touch this week re meeting Steve and Jenny!

Enjoy yourself in God's Country !

Ive just returned from a week in Berwick would recommend Bamburgh and Lindisfarne castle. St Abbs is a nice walk along the cliff tops and we managed to see a few seals as well as RAF fighter jets flying over.

Andy

Back