Haggis's ( Hagii?)

I thought they grew on trees Cobra??

Haggis.jpg

I thought they grew on trees Cobra??
I'm not sure about the arboreal species, TBH, but all the ones I ever hunted with my Harris Hawk were most certainly ground dwellers.

I always end up with the short leg. Not sure why, since Mrs Nod always leaves the long one.

Mrs Nod likes the Simon Howie veggie Hagges (although I think "Haggises" is the correct plural!) and it does taste OK. Not as good as the offally good "real" ones from the same company though!

Due to the milder weather last week, the Haggii have emerged early and a few have already made it to our fridge.

*not many Haggii were hurt in the making of this pie, just 2 or 3*

IMG_3398 tp.jpg

Last edited:
Due to the milder weather last week, the Haggi have emerged early and a few have already made it to our fridge.

*not many haggi were hurt in the making of this pie, just 2 or 3*

View attachment 378843
Scandalous, you should be banned!!
Haggis should not be in a pie.
There is ONLY one pie - the KILLIE PIE!! Maybe worth a trip up the road to the Stadium of Pies! ;)

My Burn’s Night party piece - The Haggis of Private McPhee by Robert William Service
"Hae ye heard whit ma auld mither's postit tae me?
It fair maks me hamesick," says PrivateMcPhee.
"And whit did she send ye?" says PrivateMcPhun,
As he cockit his rifle and bleezed at a Hun.
"A haggis! A Haggis!" says PrivateMcPhee;
"The brawest big haggis I ever did see.
And think! it's the morn when fond memory turns
Tae haggis and whuskey--the Birthday o' Burns.
We maun find a dram; then we'll ca' in the rest
O' the lads, and we'll hae a Burns' Nichtwi' the best."
Cont’d …

They're long gone down the hatch and anyway I'm pretty free & easy with dates on things :)
I was pointing out that the use by date was before Burns night.
But to be fair I would guess they would run off long before they started to smell :D

Only one shopping huntin' night left! (Daylight speared haggis isn't as sweet...)

On this night of celebration, spare a thought if you would, as you devour your haggis, neeps and tatties, for the many fallen haggi that have made this night/meal possible.

Now, where's that brown sauce.

I'm a bit late to this discussion, but after following it I just had to give it a go. My wife and I genuinely tasted our first ever meal of Haggis tonight. :)

I'm a bit late to this discussion, but after following it I just had to give it a go. My wife and I genuinely tasted our first ever meal of Haggis tonight. :)

Hope you both enjoyed it.

The hills around the golf course will resound to the clarion call of the departed Haggis making it's last, forlorn wail... (Well, maybe not the last - there's some left over for the next couple of days' sarnies!)

Played a Burns night gig last night. I did feel awful watching the poor sacrificial haggis laying there unawares while it was addressed before the knife was plunged into its heart.

..............and, enjoyed?

Well done for trying it. :clap:

Real Scot’s will buy haggis tomorrow when it is 50% off, and no brown sauce!

I do live in Scotland, Robbie Burn's territory too but I am Welsh, I bought our haggis on Tuesday. (y)

They will be 50% off today though. :LOL:

Last nights dinner, yummy :)
View attachment 379617

Sprouts, with haggis? :runaway:

That is a new one. :LOL:

Hope you both enjoyed it.

The hills around the golf course will resound to the clarion call of the departed Haggis making it's last, forlorn wail... (Well, maybe not the last - there's some left over for the next couple of days' sarnies!)

I sure did enjoy it, but the Jury is still out with regards to my wife.

"Guess who's having Haggis sandwiches today" :) :)

Back