Hague DMC vs Flycam Nano vs Glidecam

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Are either of these cheaper options worth it or do I need to stump up for a Glidecam? I have also seen that a Glidecam setup is quite heavy and may need the additional support rigs etc.

Anyone have any experience?

Ta.

From what I see, if you go with the Glidecam it smart to take the HD series as it has more fine tuning options...

I have no idea about the Hague tough... Some people are satisfied with the Flycam.

I have tried the Hague and the Merlin and could not really get on with either of them. I think it's a bit of a dark art to fly one of these damn things well. maybe it's just me being not very good but I get much better footage with my shoulder rig or if circumstances allow,my slider or crane. It's worth having a pop with a simple monopod before splurging cash.

good luck with it all.

Roy

www.royriley.co.uk

Thanks folks. I remembered I have a friend with a Hague DSLR so I should probably go and see if I can have a play with that and see how easy it is to get balanced.

There's some cool stuff I saw taken with a Manfrotto monopod that has legs and a fluid head.

Last edited:
Recently i purchased Flycam Flyboy-9 from FlycamShoppe and I am very happy with it. It is quite fast in balancing and stability. They have pretty cool stuff with them and could be used at many places. I am cinematographer by profession and using cinematography gears since starting of my career. I must say they are good in products and service is quite prompt.

Back