Half wit smart phone vs Sony a6000

Edit My Images
Yes
O.k conditions were ideal and of course the Very old cheap at the time smart phone is not as good as the Sony but in these bright conditions I think it did a fairly good job. Normally I have to do a retro edit on the smart phone photos as they are so naff. I'm not saying it proves anything before someone starts pointing things out, such as pixel 3 million has the wrong tonal value ;)
Other than reducing the size to post here this is how they came out of the cameras.

This is the thicko old battered smart phone, There is some noise but coming from a film back ground I sort of like that. At this point I couldn't see the screen so composition was a bit of a guess. That said If this was the only photo I had managed to get then I wouldn't have been upset by it. Both of these were in camera black and white.
SMART1a.jpg

Sony A6000 Clearly a cleaner photo and it was much easier to see the composition in the cameras evf. This was taken in Aperture priority , auto may have been a better comparison. I'm not sure if I was further away with this photo but at its widest the Sony has the wider angle of the two.
SONY1.JPG

Thicko semi smart phone, Again I'm not sure if the slightly different composition was down to focal length or whether I had moved a bit. As I only took a few phone photos but many with the Sony.
SMART2.jpg

Sony , The color is out but that's my doing as I had it set on vivid. It is also tilted,The smart phone ( when you can see the screen) wins here as it gives the screen view a green boarder when you have it level.The Sony did have a bubble level on it at one point ( only God knows where it went) but this would have been useless when using the EVF)
SONY2.JPG

Last edited:
Back