South-West England Ham wall nature reserve

Is all work finished?
Mind you weather looks very wet for Monday :(

Yes although they have to remove the contractors shed.

From RSPB Ham Wall

The main path through the reserve is back open again for walkers. The contractors rest room/welfare trailer will be removed sometime on Monday to allow disabled vehicle access through to the reserve.

Yes although they have to remove the contractors shed.

From RSPB Ham Wall

The main path through the reserve is back open again for walkers. The contractors rest room/welfare trailer will be removed sometime on Monday to allow disabled vehicle access through to the reserve.

Thanks, I'm still seeing the box about the works, maybe my cache needs clearing :)

Ah that explains it ... I've buckled to a token presence on Twitter but I've drawn the line at Faceache! :runaway:

Is all work finished?
Mind you weather looks very wet for Monday :(

so where we meeting then???? Greylake the hides are quite close to car park

I'll check back a Tea time

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibility of Glossy Ibis and Great Crested Grebes at Ham Wall is most appealing to me but TBH the weather forecast is looking very poor so I may stay local ... again will check forecast later and re-assess :)

Possibility of Glossy Ibis and Great Crested Grebes at Ham Wall is most appealing to me but TBH the weather forecast is looking very poor so I may stay local ... again will check forecast later and re-assess :)

my forecast is looking grey and damp too- I'll just check in again later this evening, then decide- If I fancy Ham Wall, the Grebes should doing the Mating dance this time of year so that is always worth a visit

Hmm, google weather shows cloudy at Ham wall.

I'm up for wherever as well but the grebes mating dance would be good to see (I've never seen it).

I'll Be at Ham wall then Guy's . 7.15 ish.

Les

I'll keep checking the weather but ATM it's looking like a band of heavy rain moving south with a greater effect around Somerset than north of Bristol during the morning so I am probably going to stay local to me ... if the weather looks different later I may just turn up and try to find you :)

Going to give it a miss. Have to get the car repaired for work on Tuesday.

To those that go, hope you have good luck.

Tnx les for today really enjoyed it looking forward to next time ..

My pleasure Mark, shame the weather didn't play ball

Les

best shot of the day - not sure what it is..................................:p

Was a good morning out even if weather was poop. We should do it more often. Luckily the weather in snowdonia has been 1000x better =p

Work on the new hide starts this week towards shapwick

They hope to get it done by end of march, but may have to wait until the Autumn depending on the birds.

Back