Hand grip for Mamiya 645j

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
No
Hi folks,
I have a Mamyia 645j that I would like to get a hand grip for. Does anyone know if the hand grips for the M645 will also work on this model?

I have seen one available here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mamiya-M645-Hand-Grip-pistol-type-/281307643278

and was wondering if it was possible to use it on my 645j. I'm presuming the mounts are the same for all SLR 645 models but I'm not sure.

It also advertises as a pistol grip, but appears to be the Deluxe L-Grip Holder seen at the very bottom of the 645j manual here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mamiya-M6...ography_Straps_Hand_Grips&hash=item417f3dfd8e

If anyone could shed some light on this I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Alex

It will work with any of the m645 bodies. I have that same grip that I can use with my m645J and m645 1000s.

It won't work with the later Mamiya 645 bodies such as the Super and Pro.

That's not a pistol grip in the linked ads, though. The pistol grip allows you a hand hold under the body.

It will work with any of the m645 bodies. I have that same grip that I can use with my m645J and m645 1000s.

It won't work with the later Mamiya 645 bodies such as the Super and Pro.

That's not a pistol grip in the linked ads, though. The pistol grip allows you a hand hold under the body.

Thanks for confirming that. As I suspected.

It appears this one can still activate the shutter? I'm hoping to be a little more flexible when I'm out and have another hand free while framing and firing the shutter.

All the best.

Yes - the silver lever that sticks up on the bar pushes against the shutter release at the front of the camera when you press the button on the grip.

I do quite like using it and it also makes portrait format shooting a little easier as you can hang the camera down from the grip.

FWIW, I think it works less well with a WLF. You want a prism finder to make best use of a grip like that.

Yeah I have the prism viewfinder, and non tripod portrait shots is exactly what I want it for. :)

Back