Handstands on the hoof

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
Verity & I have been wanting to do some festive handstand pics for the last couple of years but only this year did we get round to it. It was VERY cold so we were working extremely quickly - just me, Verity, a speedlight and some shiny boots.

I'm not particularly seeking detailed critique - I can flaws in all of them, such was the nature of the shoot - but if you've got an observation or suggestion then I'll definitely listen :)

V1/17: Bus Station
by Simon Carter, on Flickr

2. Didn't last long in here before we got chucked out..

V2/17 Grand Arcade

3. The diners in the adjacent restaurant were amused..

V3/17 Car Park

V4/17 Market

V5/17 Rose Crescent

V6/17 Telephone

V1 is a bit "normal" compared to the others - esp V4. The Bus Station wouldn't be apparent to me without the title (intentional?). It doesn't have that interest that the others do.

Also, the shiny boots make me chuckle. They have more of a storytelling slant than the "ordinary" black boots. "I'm not walking on these..."

Overall, very strong composition, & super lighting. V4 is my favourite. Your choice of POV, the lighting and composition all work well to compliment an image that makes me smile.

(I'm guessing this is the sort of thing you were after rather than babbling on about tucked in jumpers, colour vs B&W etc.)

Really nice series Simon.
I like them all but it’s the last one that stands out for me, although I love the IOM symbol pose in the others.
Thanks for sharing.

5 and 6 are my picks!

Very nice indeed. I think I would bin number four though with the light blowing out her thigh.

Love the shiny boots :)

Great set, looks like a lot of fun.

Looks like a whole lot of fun. I think the last 2 definitely are the strongest. I'd clone out the sensor below the street lantern in the last as the highlight draws my eye to it, but being picky, good placement of the subject.

I like all of them but 5 jumps out at me! Brilliant! Ticks all the boxes for me

By far, more successful than my first attempt at night street photography, well done Simon;

2, 3, and 5 are for me - outstanding!
Because of the superb pose and composition in these three, the others do not stand out so much, although i appreciate the effort that must have gone into them and the quality of the result. Agree without the bus station title i wouldn't even have noticed; and i've lived here all my life (nice to see local work)

Back