hanging vinyl backdrop on wall

Name
Callum
Edit My Images
Yes
Hopefully someone can help me shed some light on this. My studio isn't the largest room so to try and be more space efficient i was planning to hang my backdrop on the wall.
The backdrop is vinyl 2m wide and 6m in length with a metal core so fairly heavy and the brackets would need to be strong enough to hold this weight. No need to worry about the wall its solid stone so it can hold a lot of weight. The only bracket i could think of would be quite crud something like these

$(KGrHqZ,!ogFC-SECPdtBRrvvjYZpw~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!q8FE01Mys(WBRfni1T0SQ~~60_12.JPG

has anyone got any better ideas?

Cheers,
Callum

Last edited:
Why don't you get a set of triple bracket hooks, then you have the option of hanging more than one roll on them.

TG. said:
Why don't you get a set of triple bracket hooks, then you have the option of hanging more than one roll on them.

....but if you do, remember the plastic expans that go with them are designed for paper rolls, and their working life if used with vinyl backgrounds is likely to be severely curtailed....let alone the massive increase in the frequency of broken plastic chains- unless you buy the OEM Manfrotto ones that are now supplied with metal chains as standard.

If you are restricted to the type of brackets you pictured, drill holes in either end of the core. Unroll the background first and put the core onto the brackets with the spigots in the holes you drilled... Then there is no need for clamps etc, and no danger of the background unrolling while you are working.

Last edited by a moderator:
As with everything, Ikea has a stupidly named product for that....

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10051305/

Rated up to 50 kilos each. I have some for storing weights and they happily take a 10 kilo plate. One at each end and a spring clamp to stop it unrolling and job's done for 2 quid.

If you can't bear going to Ikea then Screwfix have these

http://www.screwfix.com/p/storage-hook-assortment-black-pack-of-6/40531

I use a pair of the big ones to store a metal core vinyl roll in the shed. Been there a couple of years with no worries.

Back