**** HAPPENED

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
My son took 296 photos at his village fete, taken over two days with the same camera, he downloaded onto his Mac, then transfered to my mem stick.

I then put them onto my PC, no problems, could view them all.

Installed Win 7 64bit, now the last 96 pics will not open up, in any viewer, including PSP12, when I try to open them the message "couldnt display because no suitable transporter could be found"

The first 200 display no problems, have checked the details on all the pics, the only difference between the first 200, and the last 96 is the attributes, 200 have the att A, the 96 have the att HA.

Is this the problem, if so how has it happened, and how do I rectify it. :shrug:

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

H stands for hidden
select then, enter properties and unselect hidden
(A stands for Archive, which is fine)

Thanks for the reply PC, did as you said unchecked the "H" attribute, made no difference to the outcome. when I tried to open pic folder got the message,

"Couldn't display zoac5a1~1~jpg because a suitable graphics importer could not be found"

This is the same for all 96 pics, although there is now no difference in the details of all the photos. :bang:

"Couldn't display zoac5a1~1~jpg because a suitable graphics importer could not be found"

Is that the complete filename as there is no dot before the jpg.

Also try renaming them (whatever name suits you) and put .jpg included in the name then try opening them again.

May work but let's see.

Hi BellyBoy,

Nope it didnt work, its got me beat. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Do you still have copies on the mac or mem stick? if so try recopying them?

Try uploading the image to tinypic etc and see if they work there?

Try opening them on another system o:?

With what application are you able to view the first 200?

Now go to my computer/tools/folder options/file types/or whatever it is on windoze 14 these days, and look for the application(s) that is associated with the different variety of jpgs/jpegs etc. Set them all to the application with which you can open the first 200.

This fix has been brought to you by a mac fanboy. Your computer may melt and run onto the floor ruining your carpet. But, hey, you'll be rid of ms :D

Ok, do you still have them on the camera?

If so try downloading them again by card reader.

Also, how did you install windows 7 64bit and from what previous OS - an install on top of the old OS or wipe the drive and a clean install?

Back