Happy Christmas

A quick check on the Vision Express website suggests this extra, although it seems quite expensive nowadays at £39.
Anti-Reflection Plus
This technologically advanced coating helps to significantly reduce reflections, giving you clearer vision by allowing 99.8% of available light through the lens and making it resistant to condensation.
Benefits
  • Scratch resistant
  • Easy to clean
  • Water and oil repellent

Merry Christmas all!

Me featuring my lockdown hair and F&C related present this year..

View attachment 303195

dont see many left handed cameras about these days do we ,,,,,,,pity the sign writer was p***ed when she wrote ; professional 6x9 ; tho :) anyway HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL and @Andysnap ,,,by the way Andy ,cant believe you still stuff and eat peasants oop north ,,or is that just the m.i.l. ?

When times are hard anything can be lunch. :)

My plans are always a flop..trying to get decent shots of the firework display in that the display is quite near but don't know where the rockets (and other fireworks) are going, so you have to set the camera on a tripod with about 7 sec timer for when you first see the rocket and hope it's part of the sky the lens is pointing..last year all the rockets exploded overhead and didn't have the lens pointing straight up :(

you have to set the camera on a tripod with about 7 sec timer for when you first see the rocket and hope it's part of the sky the lens is pointing..last year all the rockets exploded overhead and didn't have the lens pointing straight up :(

180 degree fisheye lens, pointing vertically. Job done.

We shall be staying in tonight to complain about the poor TV programs that the planners think is what people want to watch on new year's eve. We've already seen the Australian new year fireworks display and wished each other a happy new year, so that's it.

As someone posted in the jokes thread "I can't decide what to wear to the living room tonight, in fact I might not even bother going"

We were tier 2 and I had plans to at least meet some mates today but then last night we went to tier 4 :(

Already started on the gin, got some duck breasts for tea and a decent bottle of wine so will probably go to the living room later :D

Last edited:
We're also in Tier 4, up rom Tier 3 today. We had plans to go to the Living Room today, but instead we'll probably go to the living room, and like Stephen, complain about the TV!

I do hope there aren't any fireworks!

I've got Ardbeg to hand..

I drank my Glenmorangie when it was New Year in Europe, and went to bed!

Happy New Year, everyone. May 2021 treat you better than 2020! Don't say it couldn't be worse, sadly it could... :(

The fireworks woke me up.

Briefly.

Happy New Year all.

H'mm where I live (south Bucks) not one rocket.. .law abiding citizens for tier 4. o_O

A very wet, sleety, snowy, bitterly cold and Happy New Near to you all from down here.

I stayed up, watching the french tv that puts UK programs in cinema class :LOL: , then listened to fireworks being set off by locals at 11:59 :banghead:

Realising very quickly that life continued the same in 2021 as it had done a few minutes earlier in 2020, I went to bed!:sleep:

Back