Happy Christmas

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wanted to wish a Happy Christmas to the Fusty and Crusty crew. 2020 has been a truly awful year but the almost constant enthusiasm and optimism of you lot has been a big help in keeping things in perspective.
Cheers and here's to a significantly better 2021

*raises a glass cup of tea*

Cheers Andy. Hope you and yours have a peaceful break. I have to say that I think the F&C section is extra-ordinarily helpful and knowledgeable despite (or is it because of?) their combined crustiness.

Merry Christmas all.

Happy Christmas everyone.....is anyone other than a veggie NOT going to have turkey? I'll wager someone in the UK is going to have something like rabbit, duck, goose etc.

Goose is traditional. Turkey is an Americanism. :)

Happy Christmas everyone.

Happy Yuletide and an emulsion-filled new year for all in F&C.

Happy Christmas everyone.....is anyone other than a veggie NOT going to have turkey? I'll wager someone in the UK is going to have something like rabbit, duck, goose etc.

My mum and dad are having duck and the m in l is having stuffed pheasant. We're very contemporary in the North West concha know. :)

Merry Christmas everyone. We're having turkey. We also like turkey sandwiches, so it doesn't last very long.

Just wanted to wish a Happy Christmas to the Fusty and Crusty crew. 2020 has been a truly awful year but the almost constant enthusiasm and optimism of you lot has been a big help in keeping things in perspective.
Cheers and here's to a significantly better 2021
Well said Andy, Merry Christmas one and all, I hope Santa brings you all you hope and wish for.

that'll be me - Living alone, and basically just taking a couple of days off tacked onto the weekend anyway, I'm having Duck (well, Duck, boned out and stuffed with a centre of pigeon breasts) plus the trimmings - smallest turkey would see me eating the damned stuff way into mid-january...

Even if like last few years since my parents passed, I was entertaining all my mates who aren't in relationships at the moment (sadly there's around half a dozen of us, all roughly same age more or less, all known each other upwards of 30 years or more, and all kept in touch, and only me capable of actually catering a meal of this nature...) I wouldn't have been going for Turkey - as mentioned above, Goose and probably something "off the wall" like a roast dish like Porchetta.

Happy Christmas, everyone, and thank you for all the help and advice and support you've offered to me and many others this past, grotty year.

Younger daughter can't come down from Edinburgh, so we put the turkey we bought last Saturday morning (grrrr...) into the freezer and bought... darn it, another slightly smaller turkey! My pointing out turkey crowns or even turkey breast chunks, all to no avail. Than goodness we didn't go into Waitrose at 4 pm yesterday, to be tempted by yet another turkey reduced below half price (as has happened most previous years!).

So yes, turkey sandwiches through January. The one in the freezer will go up to Edinburgh when we can safely travel again.

And if you're interested in what Christmas was like Down Under, see here...

Meanwhile, it's a glorious cold sunny morning, ideal for a wander with a camera... but not really the thing to do on this day at this time!

Merry Christmas one and all. A 10lb Turkey between 2 people and a small cat here..... we may be some time! Honey and mustard roast gammon then duck for new years eve and day.

Unfortunatley Santa didn't bring me Cara Delevingne and the Aston Martin I asked for but some pressies have appeared under the tree, so not all is lost.

Hope you all have a great time, and thank your lucky stars you don't live down wind from Simon or Brian after they've been stuffing themselves with Stilton and pickled onions!

...after they've been stuffing themselves with Stilton and pickled onions!

More concerned with the traditional accompaniment, the Brussels Sprouts... (can we call them that, post BREXIT ??? (leave it, we've already closed "those" threads mark, remember))

My sister's turn for Christmas this year, so I'm just spending a bit of quality time on here until I walk to hers at lunchtime. This is doubly relaxing as it means I can walk home again, so no worries about a seasonal refreshment. :beer:

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have benefited from the F&C crowd in the course of the year, so I'm looking forward to maybe meeting up sometime next year, or at least getting out and about in interesting places once more.

Wishing you all health, happiness and decent light! :snaphappy:

Oh my goodness, a young person.....:)

Me featuring my lockdown hair and F&C related present this year..

You mention the hair and the camera and somehow NOT the jumper?

Mods - is this photo illegal?

Sinc
You mention the hair and the camera and somehow NOT the jumper?

Mods - is this photo illegal?
Since my sister gave me a seasonal jumper a couple of years ago, it is fully expected that I'll be wearing it today. ( I'll not be taking a selfie in it though .......... :whistle:)

Damn, mine's isn't as fancy as that then. :oops: :$ I do have festive face coverings which I've worn in public, but hoping not to be wearing next year ..............

View attachment 303201

I particularly like the fact it has a fake beard attached....:)

my sister gave me a seasonal jumper a couple of years ago, it is fully expected that I'll be wearing it today. ( I'll not be taking a selfie in it though .......... :whistle:)

Spoilsport! :exit::LOL::LOL:

merry christmas everyone.

I had a little moment earlier after I'd eaten a load of chicken and half a cow where i wasn't eating anything. Ih ave sincehad a removal of a belt and a changed to a better fitting top I am now able to continue grazing the leftovers until i doze off trying to find somethng to watch on netflix

Damn, mine's isn't as fancy as that then. :oops: :$ I do have festive face coverings which I've worn in public, but hoping not to be wearing next year ..............

View attachment 303201

It kinda suits you Pater......I think there is something missing though .

Matching hat! :LOL:

On a more serious / boring note, may i ask , how do you keep your specs so squeaky clean ........having now worn varifocals for the past 18 months, I'm becoming increasingly fed up of having to clean them and often not very succesfully.
I can get a lens spotlessl, but my specs , not a chance!
:help:

On a more serious / boring note, may i ask , how do you keep your specs so squeaky clean ........having now worn varifocals for the past 18 months, I'm becoming increasingly fed up of having to clean them and often not very succesfully.
I can get a lens spotlessl, but my specs , not a chance!
:help:
I've got a small Pentax lens cloth that I've had for years, and it's just a case of breathing on the specs and wiping with the cloth. You've now got me wondering if I paid for a special coating to keep them clean-ish, but I'd need to find the sales receipt if I can. Hmmm ...... :thinking:

Back