Hare

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
OK, I really am not sure if this works or not, and could REALLY use some honest C&C please.

And I swear it don't look as fuzzy in PSP... I'm starting to see what folks say about Flickr.

509900320_a9ab62c36b.jpg

Sorry about the size, but the border takes up most of the excess :cautious:

Edited to change the size, sorry guys. Feel free to spank me for being a naughty girl ;) .... no really do!

Sorry, looks over processed to me. A bit of halo-ing around the hare. Nice pose though, just not sure about the finished article. Also, I'd have prefered to lose a bit to the bottom right, don't think the foreground tuft of grass adds anything.

Well I only resized, sharpened and added the frame :shrug:

Thank you though ;)

Strange. I wonder if it is JPEG artifacts then? Could be too compressed... I'm about to head out but may try a recrop later if that is ok to show my view on the other issue I was talking about.

Frame isn't doing it any justice. I'd make the frame about a third of the current thickness and I agree with grumpy up there that it may be too compressed. I love the light though!

Sorry about the size, but the border takes up most of the excess :cautious:
Well it's over-sized - border or not. ;)

Don't really want to break your link so please resize it.

I think it's a really nice shot which does appear to be suffering from sharpening or compression artifacts, although the halo effect is largely back/rim lighting I think.

ach, CT beat me to it ;)

The border is WAY too big, really does nothing at all for the shot. However the shot itself is ok, but the colours do look a little wrong, probably because you had such wonderful light in the background but the hare is in the shade which your metering may have been confused by. The hare is also too central for me, I'd be tempted to crop the shot a little (but keeping the same aspect ratio) so that the hare is more to the right of frame.

Still, at least you got close enough to photograph one!! So top marks for that!!

Is this any better? :shrug:

510704511_8f3aa01f52_o.jpg

Edit: nah it looks s*#t. I think I may just give this one up as a bad job :LOL: I'll sit and wait for him to come back again this evening, no big deal as it's our driveway.

Rofl!
I actually liked your 1st offering, though I admit something didnt feel quite right & I couldnt put my finger on what, hence I didnt comment!
Im afraid Hartley just looks a bit too dark for me.

Ive been out a few evenings trying to capture some bobtails myself ... and I havent succeeded yet either!

Thanks for resizing. I liked the original composition just as it was.:shrug:

:LOL: CT, well I prefer the first one too, I just thought I would try some other suggestions to boot.

Glo ~ my thoughts too, which is why I posted it. It helped me decide that I should really scrap it and try again. This time I'll do my best to get the lighting better. Depending on if the Hare comes along again at the right time that is :LOL:

Hmmm not convinced on the crop after seeing it, although you didn't keep the aspect ratio of the original so that may be why.

Still, just keep shooting, you'll nail it the more you try :)

You can go to 800 pixels btw...we're not that tight. :D

i think the frame killed the first image, if you could keep that and reduce the frame considerably it would a lot better, as for the darkness, well just need to be there at the right time and moment and it will all come together :)

Practice makes perfect as they say :)

Glo~ Yeah that's our driveway, and you're right we are lucky :) I hope we get to live here forever, I love it here so much! I'll upload some more pics at some point to show the full extent of what we have. This place belongs to a locally famous farming family where I live, and it was the original family home. We rent it for a VERY reasonable rate and they are great landlords.

Thanks everyone :love:

Back