Critique Hares (with updates)

Some lovely images thereStuart, some of them looks like they were posing for you and very bashful !

Ey up Adam how ya doing bro cheers for dropping by:)

'eye they do that. Frankly Adam they just mess me up. I thought all this hares being tricksters stuff was myth and so forth meh maybe not so much. I've got it all two kids the gorgeous light lovely bkg and can't split the blummin things i'm sure they are taunting me,bless them;)

Thanks for the kind words mate, it's not only bashful ( the next actually might say that mate, it just struck me), their facial expressions are quite something,it's amazing I wish I knew if there were sounds too

So here you have the focus on the little chap grooming same hares as above same session, but that bigger kid whom made it all possible as an oof add on. Don't know if it works ,but I sort of like it. I suppose really i wish for a one trick pony but as i say they do play with me.

It was very very interesting watching this little fella I guess it might be the same kidlet I blew the night before, not only did it mug the older but also then mimiced it quite a bit,this is a pause it's grooming like the more obvious pose up front
dpp4 processing 1/1600 f8 3200. 420mm no need to say more really one lens couple of exts

This image exemplifies how easy it is to blow whites on close hares,as they moved just slightly in this dappled light I seemed to have been constantly up and down by say a third of a stop. some frames I'm chuffed with the exp and some i'm found wanting, Just a body shift and bamm.

anyway a rare and special evening a couple of kid in some lovely light. Brill, my lady is behind me 100yrds away sat laughing with a pair of binos she thought this little fella was going to fall over:D Best photobomb session I'll ever get probably what a blast

_70F6917 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

seeya

stu

Let's face it I sneaked this one,the head turn has stitched me up like a kipper:eek: and i'm just about to miss focus point on her face,a second or less she'll be out of frame top and bottom ,portrait will now be my only option and the cruelty will start:banana: (I wonder if anyone reads this).

I guess I might have said this before;):rolleyes: ,but there can't be much of a bigger rush than a young hare bounding towards you at silly point blank ranges. Dealing with these photo ops is beyond me at times,but hell it's a rush. So one of those genuine fluke type of things camera still had focus while I was a wandering lol:D ahh comon I had a whisker;) funny as

I really struggle with focus on these close incomming shots there is a wicked irony to that...... leastways I think it's in. Sharpness will always haunt me.

As framed /no crop 420mm1/1600 f 8 iso 3200

Afore I go this is the strangest thing,this is the same very jumpy kid above. As you can see not much place to hide an old tog in an inch or so of seedling rape yet here she is bounding over meters away,I'm convinced the other is the reason all settled,but it still fascinates me how if one can just get to them for long enough without the next county exodus The rate they calm down at is really breath taking it'd getting to them. I ponder the FC alot what can I do to get it right it's hard when ya blow the only chance of an evening by comparison get it right and it is so cool. I suppose what I'm saying is if ya get to them just wait it out get as comfy as poss and bed down,it might be an hour but when they wake up every second is magical

_70F6855 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

stu

I do read it Stu ... can't say I always understand it, but I do read it. :D

Oh bugger.....................are folks meant to understand it mate:eek:

thanks Buddy i'll be smiling all day on that one:D brilliant !!!

I know I'm sorry what can I say, my reality is somewhere left a bit of everyone else's it appears,it's alright though the animals understand me;)

I keep chuckling kiddo a day off started with the giggles can''t be bad.

. Ok serious head on here's a taste of that reality,i've got a nice chilled out hare right in front of me, sat dozing in fairly heavy dappled shade from the rape stems. To the right is a rough old strip of wildflowers going to seed they are about 3/4 foot high the bkg above left in place deliberately by the landowner and keeper for cover . This big old chap emerges from nowhere into the sun,through that strip and is all but on top of me. There was no spell no time for anything we both jumped at each other's presence. He was gone in seconds,but I squeezed off a couple of grab shots. No time for focal point marky,just ramp down exp, try not to cut anything off and hope the dof does the rest focal point is on the chest/stomach area :rolleyes: A far more normal hare encounter wow this guy was big though dwarfing the older kid abaove.

1/3200 f 8 iso 3200

_70F6775 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

take care kiddo i've just edited this after reading your reply and I'm still smiling,ruddy hopeless I am but I do see the funny side of life

stu

more excellent captures Stu keep them coming as we soon be back into those depresing long dark nights so need something to keep us longer for summer again :)

Oh yes we read it Stu
ha ha you weren't included Jan you're special:) you've been stopping by since you first spotted my madness...THANKYOU:cool: Janny you're down south, are you not where are you roughly based mate? Jan we grew up in Devon Torbay to be precise although we moved around a bit down there,just curiosity,i've been meaning to ask you for ages,but keep forgetting not suprising frankly at the mo. I think you are north of our old stamping grounds but can't help but be curious

take care mate sorry slow,damn i'm pulling some hours of late

Stu

more excellent captures Stu keep them coming as we soon be back into those depresing long dark nights so need something to keep us longer for summer again :)

Thanks Adam,it's dread for me apart from the fallow rutt and maybe just maybe my shoties will play ball this year

,I go out before it get's light watch all the amazing sunrises from a van window and then come home in the dark,like WAAAAYYY TOO many of us sadly:( chances of images become so compressed. I feel for all us togs grafting in blighty ya get the odd chance at the weekend but light is at such a premium.

I guess we have to be positive bro, we learn what high ISO can do and if we get lucky the thought of orange mists frosts etc is something to yearn for.;)

but yup many many more to share I simply can't pull these hours and post enough to keep up with what i'm aquiring,but I need more tools ,so the plan is to graft like hell get them and one day have time to do this properly

take care mate

stu

ha ha you weren't included Jan you're special:) you've been stopping by since you first spotted my madness...THANKYOU:cool: Janny you're down south, are you not where are you roughly based mate? Jan we grew up in Devon Torbay to be precise although we moved around a bit down there,just curiosity,i've been meaning to ask you for ages,but keep forgetting not suprising frankly at the mo. I think you are north of our old stamping grounds but can't help but be curious

take care mate sorry slow,damn i'm pulling some hours of late

Stu

I'm near Taunton but with links to Devon. I tend to know the hilly bits - Blackdowns, Quantocks, Dartmoor (especially Dartmoor). The Somerset moors/levels are north of me but the place makes me uneasy. I don't go there much. It's very mixed farming here with small fields and patches of woodland, so quite good for wildlife. Not so good is the badger that seems to have moved into the village. We used to have hedgehogs..............

I'm near Taunton but with links to Devon. I tend to know the hilly bits - Blackdowns, Quantocks, Dartmoor (especially Dartmoor). The Somerset moors/levels are north of me but the place makes me uneasy. I don't go there much. It's very mixed farming here with small fields and patches of woodland, so quite good for wildlife. Not so good is the badger that seems to have moved into the village. We used to have hedgehogs..............

cheers for this Jan. dartmoor is special to me,once I got wheels I was always up there as a late teenager had relatives in tavy lived and worked there a while in foresty /Tavy woodlands some cracking red stags down there just over the border.

Have only been to exmoor once loved it Walked Shaz up to some stags easiest stalk ever.Had the sun setting right at me back they simply couldn't see us wind was right just needed to be quiet,if that was now cor the images !!!

. Oh you'll like this:) I had a point blank encounter with the old beastie while driving an MG midget,blummin thing at eye level on the side of the road maybe ten yrds max.

It was a brief holiday Jan we didn't book digs so ended up in this lovely B and B,we were talking to the owner and noted pics of him with lots of big cats(he was a keeper at whipsnade if memory serves). He ID'd what I'd seen as a european linx. I'm pretty laid back Jan,so i'm told,don't freak out much but that big cat at such close range turned me white as a sheet my lady says. Just so unexpected I guess plus only a bit of canvas between us still gives me the shivers lol.

Ok here's the Q from your post do you think brock is effecting the hedgies?.

take care mate must dash cheers again for the reply

stu

Ok here's the Q from your post do you think brock is effecting the hedgies?.

I've been here a long time and we've always had hedgehogs. Had one hibernating in the corner of my patio - I went to tidy up a heap of leaf litter and found a pair of little eyes staring up at me. A hedgehog that said 'Oi, put that back!' so I did. Now there's a badger and no hedgehogs. No proof but........... Damn thing's been rooting in my lawn too. Well not for much longer. My neighbours have badger proofed their garden and soon mine will be too. That's all we can do.

Back