Harris and Lewis

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
I took a trip up to the Hebrides recently, as I had a little time free from work. Trying to pry myself away from Skye was a big challenge, but the favourable forecast meant that the short hop from Uig to Tarbert was surely going to be worth the effort. I was not disappointed. Swimming in August in the Outer Hebrides is slightly colder than I would have liked, but with water like that, I was powerless to resist.

1) The iconic Seilebost view.
21106082856_563b5993d2_h.jpg

2) Trying out some slow pans of the waves under the sunset light
20721783518_74b4e4199e_h.jpg

3) A pretty lux sunset from the coast near Horgabost
20416202423_334af092b2_h.jpg

4) More came later
20922533865_3d81d9569b_h.jpg

5) Those beaches!!
20743095820_02c4a680c3_h.jpg

Callanish Standing Stones
21068067201_82b2da5c67_h.jpg

Stunning shots! Nothing to say other than that they are stunning shots, in particular, #2, #3 #4 and the last one.

Some seriously good images Matty, #2 for me is "Stunning" closely followed by #3.(y)

George.

As said above, love them all.

OK, #2....The wave shot. OUSTANDING!!
That's a moneymaker.
If Athena were still going, you'd be rich.
Please tell me you're going to get it printed on a VERY large canvas!

The rest of the set is good too btw....looks more Caribbean than Scotland!

Many thanks guys, the wave shot seems to be popular here, and other spots that i have posted it. Glad to know people are feeling it. If only it could spin me a tenner or two!!

Good set, that wave shot is brilliant.

Thanks very much, was an experimentation, but Im pleased with how it came out. I think the light really helped.

Many thanks!!

Stunning shots! Nothing to say other than that they are stunning shots, in particular, #2, #3 #4 and the last one.

Really kind of you to say - Appreciate your comments
Some seriously good images Matty, #2 for me is "Stunning" closely followed by #3.(y)

George.

Thank you very much buddy! I think 3 was my favourite, was just a very special place and time to witness

No 2 I'd have on my wall in a flash - awesome shot. (And the rest are pretty good too ;))

Thanks Matt, i may have to bow down to peer pressure and get a copy of the wave up on a wall in my house!

the waves shot is quality. could see that as a big framed image or canvas on a wall.

Thanks mate, very much appreciated!

As said above, love them all.

Thank you - its an amazing part of the country and warrants a visit if you ever get chance

OK, #2....The wave shot. OUSTANDING!!
That's a moneymaker.
If Athena were still going, you'd be rich.
Please tell me you're going to get it printed on a VERY large canvas!

The rest of the set is good too btw....looks more Caribbean than Scotland!

Athena has shut down!!! Damn, I was pinning my hopes for fame and fortune on them!! I will definitely consider a print thank you.
It is surreal to find such amazing places in what you would consider a very unlikely place if you looked at the globe.
I'll certainly be visiting again, as the light gave some good opportunities at the start and end of the day, and brought the colour out of the sea, but I would like to explore more of Harris and Lewis in different conditions too!

Great set Matty, the wave shot is pretty stunning. Love the standing stones too, great perspective and nice movement in the clouds.

Great set Matty, and you can chalk up another big fan for your wave shot. Like the Seilebost treatment as we stayed there last year and went for the wide view, but I like yours better. You also did better than me at Callanish for wether, but was it really that quiet or have you been cloning? Fine work.

Love the wave and the last two but a good set overall :)

What a great set..... Number 2 is stunning.
These photograph would make anyone want to visit.

Agree with what everyone else said about the set. The wave shot is an absolute cracker.

It is a great set indeed- and I'm off to the Hebrides tomorrow for a week, though not so far off-shore. (Mull and Iona.). Hope to catch some decent snaps even if they are never going to match these crackers:(

Jeez - I'm gonna take the damn wave shot down haha!!

Great set Matty, the wave shot is pretty stunning. Love the standing stones too, great perspective and nice movement in the clouds.

Thanks man, It was the only composition of the stones that I could find. Got there just in time before the clouds covered the sky totally.

Great set Matty, and you can chalk up another big fan for your wave shot. Like the Seilebost treatment as we stayed there last year and went for the wide view, but I like yours better. You also did better than me at Callanish for wether, but was it really that quiet or have you been cloning? Fine work.

Thanks Peter - No cloning in play at all fortunately. There were a tonne of tourists around, but it managed to fall into place well, with the cloud and a brief period of quiet behind the stones. I have the wider Seilebost shot too, but I prefered the shot taken on the 70-200 as its a little different from the postcard image.

Nice set but the wave shot is a clear winner for me

Thank you very much

Love the wave and the last two but a good set overall :)

Thanks, it was a great few days spent over there, and Im glad i was able to do some justice to what are fabulous places to visit!!

Absolutely cracking shots. Lovely.

Much appreciated buddy, many thanks!

Excellent photography- the wave shot is a real stunner
James

Thank you very much James. It's a lovely place to shoot, I can't wait to get myself back up there at some point!

What a great set..... Number 2 is stunning.
These photograph would make anyone want to visit.

Thank you - Thats exactly what I hoped people viewing the shots would feel. It is an awesome place to stay and I urge anyone with the chance to get themselves over there!! Cheers

Great set. No 2 is brilliant.

Much Appreciated Robert, glad the wave shot is going down well!!

Agree with what everyone else said about the set. The wave shot is an absolute cracker.

Thank you very much indeed!!

It is a great set indeed- and I'm off to the Hebrides tomorrow for a week, though not so far off-shore. (Mull and Iona.). Hope to catch some decent snaps even if they are never going to match these crackers:(

Cheers Duncan, I hope you get some good weather. I've not been to Mull or Iona, but they are very much on my hit list too! I'm sure you'll bag some winners!!

Love the Wave shot, my kind of thing :)

Thank you, its definitely a concept I have more ideas for, it just helps so much when the colour and light come together too!! Unlikely to get that at Hartlepool I fear!

No2 is the keeper. Colours work very well together

Thanks - I have shots from earlier that day, that arent a patch on this, The colour is the binding element, I particularly like the splash of sunlight on the crest of the wave. Thats the key for me!

Another vote for the wave shot of a fantastic! Set

Much appreciated Kevin. Glad you like the set, I'm gonna be hitting your stomping ground next I think, so hopefully the Llyn will play nicely!!

2 is stunning -4 is not too shabby either! But 2, wow

Thank you very much Chris, there is a clear favourite emerging from the set I feel haha

2 is an absolutely cracking shot. Great colours.

Thanks very much Stu, the colours have to be seen to be believed up there. Even when the sea temp feels close to zero, the colour kinda warms you up....ish

If you ever decide to sell prints for the Wave shot .............I want one.

Terrific shots, and such a lovely place.

Worked there many years ago, would love to revisit....

A wonderful place to visit hope to go back there one day. Excellent pictures.

Back