Harry P last book (Warning : May contain spoilers)

Ho ho :)

The wife's ordered her copy from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow apparently. Can't understand these nutters sitting in line for days waiting for it. When the last one came out my wife just went down to the local supermarket and picked her copy up (at reduced price of course) from a big stack of them on the day it came out.

Never got into Harry Potter. Just make sure you aint popping to ASDA for it, or have they sorted they issue out with the publishers?

I ordered this off Amazon over a week ago for my wife - they guarantee delivery tomorrow.... :)

hmmmm two copies coming tomorrow morning from amazon.

Never got into Harry Potter. Just make sure you aint popping to ASDA for it, or have they sorted they issue out with the publishers?

I believe they have. Going to sell it for a fiver, or so I read.

I only read Da Vinci code late last year. Loved it though.

Not read any of the Harry Potter books, although I've seen the first 3(?) films.

I've added a little warning to the thread tag for the possible spoilers that might crop up (I assume that's what you meant by
scar
)

Don't forget, there are also [SPOILER] tags you can wrap around any text, incase people stumble across it.

Like this

[SPOILER]Peekaboo![/SPOILER]

typed in a post, will end up looking like this :

Peekaboo!
(You have to highlight the black area with your mouse to see the text ;))

What's the problem with Asda? I understood they were selling it at £5....was planning on going in the morning......is there a chance they won't have any?

There was something in the news about the publishers stopping them from selling it because "They hadnt paid outstanding bills" but ASDA say it was because they were going to sell it cheap.

never really got into Harry potter, might be well written, just seems to be really simple.

My favourite authors are Tolkien, Asimov and Clavell, take a bit more to get into, but are far better writers (IMO of course).

never really got into Harry potter, might be well written, just seems to be really simple.

My favourite authors are Tolkien, Asimov and Clavell, take a bit more to get into, but are far better writers (IMO of course).
Don't forget Stephen Donaldson with the Tales of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever. Superb 6 book 2 part trilogy if anyone is looking for a science fantasy.

got my copy in John Lewis yesterday for £5 !!!!!

I think I'd rather be Harry Putter....

:D :D :D

thumb-LuckyPutter.jpg

Well i have finished it, and i loved it, want to see the new film now and then i will be happy.

It is a good book :)

Finished it late last night.

The italic text did my head in, there was so much of it.

Well i have finished it, and i loved it, want to see the new film now and then i will be happy.

It is a good book :)

Ok you two, so spill the beans who did it? I bet it was the butler again :D

they arent as good as the book i agree but i enjoy them, reminds me about the books :)

my favourate character died too.. damn you jk.
i thought the last chapter was a nice touch, although i was hoping that the "last ever book" was just a publicity stunt and there would be more. nevertheless, it was the fastest paced/thrilling HP book Ive read. I even avoided msn, myspace, facebook, anything that would reveal the identities of the deceased. up until now.

Well, due to being engaged to a major fan, I was forced to stop drinking at 11.30pm to go stand outside waterstones along with about 400-500 other people. All the drunks were walking by shouting "Harry dies" etc etc, being pretty moronic considering there were loads of kids around all dressed up and having a good old time. One bloke really annoyed the other half shouting "It's only a book, get a life" to which Ashley replied at the top of her (rather loud scottish) voice, "Least we can read" ... never seen a grown man look so small.

She bought it at 12.15 Sat morning, read cover to cover by 5pm that day, impressive I thought.

It can only be a good thing that so many people, let alone children can be into reading when it appears movies and video games are taking over. If they never make another HP book, at the very least inspiration has been given to many other writers that well written, interesting stories still sell.

I want more books like this, anybody know of any?????

Have never read any of the HP books, only seen the first HP film. Every house I visited with a new baby this week seems to have the latest book sat on their coffee table :LOL:

As someone already stated, it's fantastic that it keeps people still interested books :) Not really my cup of tea though.

Back