harsh c&c part 2

RKC

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
well here i am again, sat in garden for couple of hours earlier, following my original post tried to concentrate on eye focus (now that is not easy) got these of what i believe is a young starling, background bit crap with a feeder in the background, but what i would really like to know is did i manage to improve the focus issue
all c&c welcome as before please feel free to say what you want

3641292847_efe5a1da05_o.jpg

3641292673_0833539470_o.jpg

picking at some nits, I would say the second one is a touch overexposed, a bit of PP to take the levels down and bring in some detail in the white chest would be better ( I think).

But good focus and nice shots.

Much better focus. The tail looks sharper than the head to me though

picking at some nits, I would say the second one is a touch overexposed, a bit of PP to take the levels down and bring in some detail in the white chest would be better ( I think).

But good focus and nice shots.

thanks kev, cant really see much difference on my monitor re exsposure, but will look at levels see what it looks like

Much better focus. The tail looks sharper than the head to me though

thanks donna, i did wonder myself if the tail was sharper, have been using ai-servo thinking i might try one shot next to see if that will make a difference

would agree with the above, are you using centre focus point ? or all of them ? if centre put it across the birds eye thats the most important bit to get in focus.

Hi Ian in this case it was the centre af point which i thought i got over the eye which is why i was wondering if need to set to one shot instead of ai-servo, you mention using all the af points would that be a good idea ? i assumed that af would pick up nearest point first and not necessary the eye

have set the joy stick type button on 40d to activate required af points quicker

Back